• Status
    Not open for further replies.

PistolPastor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Munster
    I joined on here almost a month ago and realized I've read a bunch of threads but never posted! I'm a pastor in NW Indiana and while my father taught me how to shoot a bit (handguns... rifles I learned at camp), I grew up in a house without guns. I never had ANY interest in really owning a gun. Then, about two years ago I got in to combat arts (mainly Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) and I found myself for the first time developing really close friendship with people in all different forms of law enforcement. And THEN a church in Texas got shot up and it got me to thinking about when I was a pastor in Ohio and a man walked into a church on Easter morning and shot and killed another pastor... I started talking to my friends in law enforcement about all of this and they all encouraged and some begged me to get a sidearm and training. Congregation members were asking me as well.

In the midst of this, my church received what can only be really described as a crazy and unsettling anonymous letter. I contacted the local police and a friend who works with a Federal branch. My dad always taught me that a shepherd looks after the sheep and protects them from the wolves, always stand up to bullies, and defend those who can't defend themselves. Not to be "too religious" but I prayed and prayed about it and a friend gave me a Glock 19 Gen 4 which I accepted with hesitation. Friends started taking me shooting and I fell in love. I remembered why I liked it when I was a kid. I like the challenge and sport of it and I feel safer. So, I applied for my LTCH and am waiting to hear back. (Probably not the right place for it, but I'm nervous. I wasn't always a pastor and had some "trouble" almost 15 years ago. I didn't even get delayed when I bought my Walther CCP the other day, so I'm hopeful.) But I love shooting! I love my Glock, can't wait to try this Walther, and really want to get a .357 after trying my friends! My best friend is a Chicago cop and he's cracking up because while I was never against guns, I didn't want anything to do with them. Now, I have the bug! This is a great, great forum and I've learned SOOOO much from being on here so far. So, thank you for being here and having me as a member!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom