• Status
    Not open for further replies.

bc77

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    I can see tall buildings!
    Hello to all and Happy New Year! I joined the forum a while back and have read a few threads, but this is my first post. I'm a novice. I have my carry license and own one handgun. I spent five years in the security field and hadn't really considered carrying till the company that I worked for received a legitimate threat from a former employee. Said employee had been long gone before I had moved into my management position, but we as a management team were encouraged to seriously consider carrying, especially while in the office. I had obtained my carry license years before that just in case my interest in firearms would ever change.

I had shot a few guns on rare occasions as a kid growing up, and few times as an adult but guns had always made me VERY nervous. I wasn't out spoken about the topic but I didn't want to be around them and I just didn't get the fascination or the "need" to have one. I can't explain how or when exactly but somewhere along the way I lessened my personal stance over the years. When the threat was made, I asked myself, "why not now?" So, on that Saturday, I got in the car with my brother (who is an avid gun guy) and started the search to find me the right handgun (and hopefully a "deal"! LOL!).

Hours and hours went by and three shops later I made it official. My first owned firearm, a 9mm Taurus PT 111 Millennium G2. It felt good, the size was right for my needs, and most important, I was comfortable with it and BONUS...it was on sale! I'm thankful to have shared the experience with my brother...good bonding time! Still trying to become more familiar and functional with it...definitely a process! Anyway...thanks for reading and be safe out there!

Last edited:

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    hello! welcome to INGO. Great groupd, great people, great guns! This is where some great answers can be had. I would suggest learning as much as your can about your firearm and the laws surrounding it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom