• Status
    Not open for further replies.

grandpawj

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2017
    698 Barnett Bridge R
    Dang, it is gonna take a lot of typing to get around to 50 posts in order to participate in the classifieds. I don't have anything particular in mind I want but, just saying. Especially when my posts can't be one liners. I am a fella of few words. I shall work on it though.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    You're off to a good start. If you are truly interested in guns, it shouldn't be too difficult to jump into a conversation or ask new questions. Shift your thinking so that your main goal is to gain more information or share more information, and the posts will fly by. Soon you'll have your 50 and then you probably won't find anything in the classifieds anyway, but you will have met some cool gun people.

Oh, and welcome from Lake County :wavey: You might want to edit your location so it's not so specific.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Welcome to Indiana's absolute worst gun classifieds site. Seriously. It is TERRIBLE. So much easier to just go to a shop and buy what you want.

Pretty darned awesome discussion forum, though. Great group of folks, and lively, even spirited, discussion on a variety of topics.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Find a topic you enjoy. Get involved. You will be surprised how quickly you get to 50. Or cough up a $20 spot and support the site. Easy peasy.

I agree or classified section is not what it once was but I always find what I want or need. And the price is right or I will not buy it.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Welcome!

First, this is a discussion site, not a classifieds site. If you want classifieds, go to gunbroker, etc. The classifieds here are considered a perk of participation where people can buy/sell with people they "know". Unless you have awesome deals, many wont buy from a non participating site supporter because we prefer to deal with people we have interacted with.

But as others have said, hang out, share your knowledge, learn some yourself. Eventually you'll get there. You can be there in just a couple days without even trying. We arent looking for diatribes or posts as long as War and Peace. Just posts of substance that are thought out. You'll get there.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    Dang, it is gonna take a lot of typing to get around to 50 posts in order to participate in the classifieds. I don't have anything particular in mind I want but, just saying. Especially when my posts can't be one liners. I am a fella of few words. I shall work on it though.
    There is a trick to it. There are a ton of conversations going on at any one time here. There are going to be some that you are interested in. Find some that you want to learn more about and ask your questions, or find some that you already know about and help others with their questions. Get in the conversations and you'll be way past 50 in no time.
    Welcome to INGO!
    Also, if what you have in your location is your address then you may want to change that to be something a little more vague.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso

I know how you feel.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Welcome to INGO! Heck, just responding to the comments on this thread could have you to 10-15 posts! Also, telling new posters “welcome to INGO” is an easy one too.

The classifieds aren’t perfect, but they certainly are nice. I much prefer doing business through INGO than armslist. I figure if someone has 50K posts and 99% feedback, that’s a lot of trouble to have gone through just to be planning to shoot me over $300.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend

There are lots of easy ways to make quality post. Just browse the forum a while. You will fine a subject matter that interesting. If not create a thread about something you like. Non Gun stuff goes in the Break room. Keep subject matter family friendly. You will find out that there are a lot of really awesome people here.

And there's more to this place then the classifieds section. And as mentioned up thread you can jump to the front of the line for 20 bucks. That also helps keep the doors open. Two things keep this forum going membership content and $$. You can do one or the other. A lot of us do both!

:welcome: From South Bend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom