• Status
    Not open for further replies.

rd-kmg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Monroe County
    Been mostly lurking, figured I should say hi.

Recently moved here from Baltimore. Miss the east coast but my SO couldn't find good work in her field there, so we came back here, where she's from. We met while I was in law school here a while back, and I can work pretty much anywhere so long as I take the local bar exam or get waived in. Also miss having my own practice, but I don't have as much of a network here to build one quickly, so I'm working for someone else for a while at least.

Fan of Glocks, H&Ks, and Remingtons. There are a lot less ranges here than the coast, and the prices are much higher, too, so I've been shooting mainly on the property of folks who'll let me.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Welcome from Columbus. Use your google-fu and the great people here on INGO and you can find lots of useful info, such as inexpensive ranges.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Welcome.

Have you found Precision Gun Range near Spencer yet? Just thought I'd mention it since it looks like you're in Monroe County.

Also, Riley Conservation Club is only about 50 min west and you can work from the holster there I believe (if handguns are your thing).

rd-kmg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Monroe County
    Have you found Precision Gun Range near Spencer yet? Just thought I'd mention it since it looks like you're in Monroe County.

Also, Riley Conservation Club is only about 50 min west and you can work from the holster there I believe (if handguns are your thing).

Thank you for the recommendations! I'm sure over the next several months I'll give as much of them a try as I can. I've already been up once to Atterbury, even though it's a bit of a hike. I've just got some sticker shock after being used to shooting all day for $10 with no membership fees.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    OP, what are your main interests as a gun owner (i.e. defense, competition, hunting, etc.)?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I've just got some sticker shock after being used to shooting all day for $10 with no membership fees.

I'm not in your area but I'm sure you'll be able to find something reasonable. I have membership at a local private conservation club. $70 for the entire family for a year with a key to the range so I can use it when no one else is there.

rd-kmg

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2017
    Monroe County
    OP, what are your main interests as a gun owner (i.e. defense, competition, hunting, etc.)?

Mostly defense, but I might want to get into competition at some point. As a boy scout I used to compete regularly in archery, shooting, and orienteering. Only ever won in orienteering on any sort of regional level, though. I've been side-eyeing some GSSF matches, but scheduling has been an issue; and 3-gun competition looks like it might be my kind of thing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom