• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DustyMck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Borden
    Just joined but the rules on the site are kinda strange how exactly do I get points to be able to trade and message people just starting my collection and I’m interested In trading and buying

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The rules are very clear.
    50 solid quality posts or become a sight supporter.
    If you are only here to trade/buy/sell you might not get the warm welcome.
    This is the rule that applies. We all (even me) had to clear this hurdle. The last part pretty well covers it.

Join in. There is much to be learned/shared here.

We want to welcome you to INGO. We also want to take this opportunity to ask you to read the FAQ which can be found in my signature below. It's pointed out in great detail why we have the 50 post rule because to the newcomer it can seem like an obscure rule for us to want to enforce. In order to participate in the classifieds, you must contribute to the forum by either 1) content in the form of 50 quality posts (not one liners) or 2) financially by becoming a site supporter. That information can be found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/site_s..._are_here.html

Please remember, we are a forum first and then a place for classifieds. There is a plethora of information available here and that's what keeps people here and what allows us to have a classifieds section.

Thanks!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Not to sound cold and uninviting, but if you are only here to trade, this is the wrong place for you.

This is a discussion board first, and oh, by the way there also happens to be a classified section for those that actively participate. We choose to trade here because we have developed relationships with folks we chat with. This is valued VERY high, and we prefer dealing with someone we "know" over someone on Gunbroker, etc that may or may not be an upstanding individual.

Those that just become site supporters and exist solely in the classified section dont do as well as those that are active across the board. (some people refuse to deal with those guys)

But if you would like to be social and join us for interesting debates and fun social interactions, then welcome aboard!

fullmetaljesus

Probably smoking a cigar.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Indy
    I would suggest you find a thread about the debate between Glock or 1911 and take a really hard unmoving stamce one or the other and then ride out the storm.

(Sarcasm)

But really though join in on the chat. Lots of great people here who are almost always happy to help.

Also

1911 is better! :popcorn:

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    A few unwritten rules.

1. When Churchmouse (CM) or other Mod gives you advice do not argue. A warning is one step below the ban hammer.

2. Be polite. If you get in a heated argument with another INGOer refrain from name calling and other nastiness. It is ok to not respond if you feel yourself being goaded into a fight.

3. Develop thick skin. Any sign of weakness is quickly recognized and considered fair game.

Welcome, hope you last. :welcome:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    A few unwritten rules.

1. When Churchmouse (CM) or other Mod gives you advice do not argue. A warning is one step below the ban hammer.

2. Be polite. If you get in a heated argument with another INGOer refrain from name calling and other nastiness. It is ok to not respond if you feel yourself being goaded into a fight.

3. Develop thick skin. Any sign of weakness is quickly recognized and considered fair game.

Welcome, hope you last. :welcome:

Scaring the new guy...:):

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I guess I'm a little in the dark when it comes to forums. I have been a member of a triathlon forum, a Miata forum, a couple others that I can't remember (didn't do much with them) and this one.

Buying and selling was never the reason I got on them. And this is the only forum where I did buy and sell. To me, this is a community of people who share some common interests. My friends and family still get a kick out of the fact that we do a secret Santa every year!:)

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    I've met several people off this forum and not once have I thought the guy was an *******. Some of you are so wrapped up in this runner mentality and it's sad. Instead of accusing the guy and giving him other sites to visit, why not embrace him and show him INGO is way more than a classifieds section?

PM inbound new member and possibly (gasp!) friend.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Welcome from Hobart. Your just another new kid on the block. Sit back and watch how to get involved and next thing you know another old timer.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've met several people off this forum and not once have I thought the guy was an *******. Some of you are so wrapped up in this runner mentality and it's sad. Instead of accusing the guy and giving him other sites to visit, why not embrace him and show him INGO is way more than a classifieds section?

PM inbound new member and possibly (gasp!) friend.

Itchy.....what you are referencing is a hold over mentality from the sandy hook influx of carpetbaggers. We were literally over ran with runners. You would just had to have been around for that. Daily. Literally. There have been a few lately that did go down in flames that many did not even see. Back door dealing that was off the radar. Some loopholes in the system that have been fixed since but several slipped through the cracks and we had a bit of work to clear them out.

In all of this lets extend a warm welcome to this new member. He seems to want things done the right way.

-CM-

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    You are at least up to 1 quality post.

Many spend the dollars to get full access.

I consider it a badge of honor to grind it out over several days.

And as others, I’m still not up to 50. :whistle:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello Dusty McK (great handle BTW) and welcome to INGO. There's a good bunch of folks here and unlike other places on the Interwebz, you can actually meet the people! And food is usually involved!!

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Welcome to INGO!!! Get your 50 quality post quick and put your collection up for sale at 50% of the purchased value!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom