• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Sterndern11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2018
    Zionsville
    Just moved here from Idaho. Have been an avid shooter hunter my whole life but have always been blessed with Idaho's insane amount of public land for free range hunting and shooting.

Living in Zionsville and enjoying the plethora of great local ranges to run USPSA, IDPA, SC, cowboy action, silhouette and 3 gun. Always looking for recommendations on great safe places to join more shooting sports!

In the last couple of years before I moved I had gotten into the long range game pushing my small frame AR to 800ish yards and in the middle of building a large frame in 6.5CM, but have found it very difficult to reach out anywhere in Indiana. If anyone knows of a great place to shoot 1000+ yards I would be eternally grateful.

Look forward to contributing my humble opinions and expansive knowledge on generally useless things!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

The only long range (500 yards) that I knew of shut down about 30 years ago when I moved out of the corner of the farm I lived on. Farmer was nice enough to let me use his land as long as he wasn't on any equipment in the field. Wasn't a problem!

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Howdy! ID is a nice place, though I've been driven around many of the military ranges there and you get in the truck...drive for hours...get out of the truck and you seem to be in the same place you got into the truck. Good skiing though short drives from Boise. Welcome to IN.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom