• Status
    Not open for further replies.

wileybelch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2018
    Maries County
    I couldn't help registering for your website when I stumbled across it searching for places to shoot in Indiana.
    One of my many families lives in Avon (burb of Indianapolis) and they all love the shooting sports. They have a major problem enjoying the shooting sports because of the usage fees charged by 'walk-in' public ranges. You could vacation for a week in Vegas for the cost of a husband/wife/three children spending several hours at these commercial 'ranges'. They can't wait to visit family here in Missouri because of the ease of finding places to shoot without breaking the bank. My Internet search for places to shoot in Indiana was discouraging.
    It would help if sites like INGO would create a forum devoted solely to the promotion of any/all shooting sports in Indiana. In Missouri, the Missouri Sports Shooting Association provides this kind of support/information to all who inquire.
    There seems to be a fair amount of action pistol activity in Indiana. Browsing several threads advertising local IDPA, etc, matches, I was struck by at least one club that was subsidizing LE/Fire/Military at the expense of adult competitors. Many clubs/ranges/matches in Missouri have had such poor experiences with that group of registrants, that they are rarely recognized as separate shooting categories. They register as everyone else and pay their way. Even MO National Guard shooters were poor competitors compared with routine club members. Local police departments are the worst of a bad lot.
    So...
    I could use some advice regarding recreational (for now) shooting opportunities (indoor or outdoor) in the Avon area.

PS; $30 per adult action pistol registrant seems too high. I've never shot any match for over $20 (as a non-club member) anywhere in Missouri (and that was at a State level match). You're going to kill the goose/golden egg if you keep that up. Why don't you subsidize NRA members instead of government employees? Saving on match fees might encourage more folks to become NRA members?.

Love your site...keep up the good work.
    Show-Me State shooter

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom