• Status
    Not open for further replies.

jclemens

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2018
    Mooresville, IN
    When I was 16 years old I received my first shotgun as a gift (Remington 870 express). I am now 19.5 years old, and have just received my Indiana License to Carry a Handgun a couple weeks ago. I am currently in the market for a handgun to carry. Currently I am looking into a M&P shield 9mm with a thumb safety, for conceal carry. If I understand correctly I can buy a handgun off here from a private seller, just not from an FFL till I’m 21. But please correct me if I’m wrong.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    :welcome:

You are correct, you can buy a handgun through private sales under 21. Reach 50 quality posts to get to the classifieds or pay $20 to be a site supporter and access classifieds before your 50 posts. Or do both :):

If you look in the handgun section a lot of discussion about people’s EDC choices and why, pros/cons of different guns, etc. Enjoy and don’t take anything personally, lot of comments seem snarky but all in fun :)

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Welcome neighbor, I'm not Greenwood proper but in the neighborhood. IMHO you might want to rethink the active safety. Many threads here about matches and training, take advantage of them. To quote BBIs, "you don't know what you don't know and now is the time to learn.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright[/FONT]

Pyro

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 18, 2018
    Indy
    Welcome to the site. I'd recommend getting some time behind the trigger with a few different brands and pistols from Glocks to SW to CZ. You want to get comfortable with a few to see what feels right. You might stop into the Beech Grove Firearms and/or Plainfield Shooting Supplies and spend some time feeling different firearms.... had I started that way I'd have saved a few grand in purchases now sold. ;o)

I'm more a North sider but there are many members in Greenwood. I'd see if some would be willing to meet at a range down there and help you get some one on one time with a few different pistols.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom