• Status
    Not open for further replies.

cb46184

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    May 10, 2016
    New Whiteland
    Greetings. My name is Chuck. I've been a member of INGO for a couple of years but haven't posted. I was raised around guns and hunting. I remember my dad taking me to the range and firing my first HP (A sporterized Springfield '03) when I was 7. I remember going to gun shows with my dad back when you could buy an '03A3, a '98 Mauser, or one of many other surplus military rifles still in the cosmoline for $14.95. That was also back when an NRA member could mail order a 1911 and have it shipped right to your door...NO FFL REQUIRED. Boy, those were the days my friend. I shot my first deer in Colorado with a 300 Weatherby when I was 14 yo.
    I spent many hours along side my dad at the reloading bench and continued to reload for every gun I had for many years.
    I served in the US Army Security Agency way back in '73-'76. I joined my unit's combat pistol team and competed in only one match while stationed at Ft. Meade, MD but had lots of fun for a couple months getting paid to shoot...and they even supplied the pistol and all the ammo I could use! Best job I ever had.
    Later, a friend got me interested in bird hunting so my attention became focused on shotguns and training my dogs.
    I was a member of the Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol club for a short time and competed in the service rifle NRA high power matches. I fired my first match with a '03A3 Springfield and later was able to purchase an M1 Garand from the CMP. I upgraded to a AR-15 shortly before my participation in the club ended.
    I'm now retired. I don't hunt anymore and shoot very little. Fishing has become my new main interest So I've been clearing some guns and reloading supplies. I'll still hold on to a couple shotguns and a .22 rifle.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Welcome to INGO. Sounds like you have a lot experience with firearms which is always valuable for the discussions. Hope you enjoy the forums.:welcome:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom