• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CV66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2019
    Brush Prairie
    Just signed up as a member. We have a website similar to this out where I live https://www.northwestfirearms.com/
    I plan on attending the NRA meeting in Indianapolis next week. Have a question for you Hoosiers; If a Washington resident such as myself wanted to purchase a rifle or shotgun from a resident of Indiana, will all holders of an FFL in
    Indiana conduct the transfer? If so, how much do they typically charge for the service of transferring guns not in their inventory?

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Just signed up as a member. We have a website similar to this out where I live https://www.northwestfirearms.com/
    I plan on attending the NRA meeting in Indianapolis next week. Have a question for you Hoosiers; If a Washington resident such as myself wanted to purchase a rifle or shotgun from a resident of Indiana, will all holders of an FFL in
    Indiana conduct the transfer? If so, how much do they typically charge for the service of transferring guns not in their inventory?

Welcome aboard.

No. You cannot buy directly from an individual in a state different from your state of residence. In short, sales that cross state lines must go through an FFL.
    You can pay for the weapon while you are here, but the seller must make arrangements to ship the weapon to an FFL in your home state.
    You must go to the FFL and submit Form 4473 (NICS background check) when you pick up the weapon at the FFL.
    In addition to the Form 4473, you will most likely be charged a transfer fee.

Note, not all FFLs accept transfers from individual sellers. You and the seller should check in advance with the FFL of choice.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom