• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Oneto1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    North central
    Hey guys, AR newbie here. I am not new to firearms, but have never had anything other than pistols or bolt action rifles. A buddy and I were looking to get into the hobby together, especially after seeing the price of 223!

Oneto1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    North central
    Howdy! You'll find plenty of info browsing the sight. Have fun!

Also...you can buy a bolt action in .223...:stickpoke:

Haha very true! I've always wanted to build one. They bring me back to my paintball days where you could do just about anything to a Tippmann 98 custom

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    For a range toy I'd keep the budget low. Don't put $1000 into a $450 rifle.

I have an M&P Sport 2 that seems like a good low budget rifle. It even came with Magpul furniture. The only upgrade I've done is the longer handguard I prefer.

Despite what some will say PSA has some good stuff. You can easily put together an AR for $400 or less depending on what you want and how much you pay for your lower transfer.

Oneto1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2019
    North central
    For a range toy I'd keep the budget low. Don't put $1000 into a $450 rifle.

I have an M&P Sport 2 that seems like a good low budget rifle. It even came with Magpul furniture. The only upgrade I've done is the longer handguard I prefer.

Despite what some will say PSA has some good stuff. You can easily put together an AR for $400 or less depending on what you want and how much you pay for your lower transfer.

I am looking to be right around $500, and was looking at the M&P's actually. I don't go to the range all that often, so its hard to justify spending big money on something that isn't used very often. I was originally planning on a building a PSA or Anderson kit, but there seem to be some good deals in the classified section here!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom