• Status
    Not open for further replies.

1Dreamlimo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2019
    Rensselaer
    Hello all! I'm a lifetime conceal carry holder, have my grandfathers rossi .38 for a daily. I grew up shooting 22s with my father at the range, hunted some squirrel, and hope to never have to actually use my carry in real life.
    I do have a question for the group. Have an opportunity to trade a bike for an AR. It's an Adams 5.56. Retailed for 799 per the box he sent over and said he put another 400 in accessories including a laser sight and case.
    What kind of depreciation would one expect on something like this?
    Thanks in advance!

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Welcome to INGO!

For your trade question, it depends on the quality of accessories he put on it. If they are low quality it is my opinion it does not increase the value whatsoever, however if he has a quality optic/light etc. it is certainly worth forking over extra cash for. The AR market is saturated and a buyers market so I'd say that nothing really goes up in value from purchase price.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Being un-familiar with the Adams Marque I looked them up. Prices are all over the place. Exactly which one are you referring too.

Accessory's. I drop close to $400 on an optic and sometimes more. I think a more clear description of the rifle is needed. List of accessory's, how many mags etc.
    What are you trading for it.

And welcome.

Truthfully this should be discussed in it's own thread. I need to report myself...:cool:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Being un-familiar with the Adams Marque I looked them up. Prices are all over the place. Exactly which one are you referring too.

Accessory's. I drop close to $400 on an optic and sometimes more. I think a more clear description of the rifle is needed. List of accessory's, how many mags etc.
    What are you trading for it.

And welcome.

Truthfully this should be discussed in it's own thread. I need to report myself...:cool:

Let me know when you're out of the corner :laugh:

Oh yeah, welcome to INGO!

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

Like others have said, AR prices are through the basement as there are so many being made, and the scare is long passed. As to accessories, unless they are really worth it to you, they really do not add much to the value. Many people like to add their own sighting devices. A laser to someone might be a dream, and the first thing removed for someone else who likes glass or just open sights.

In short, these days it is really hard to pin a value to a non mainstream manufacturer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom