new guy... 2 years living in Jeffersonville now. (9 pics)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A.frost.SRT8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2019
    Jeffersonville
    Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself...

My names Jonathan but most everyone calls me frost... (old high school nickname that stuck) I’m turning 40 soon... so not old but old enough for these high schoolers to call me old.

Originally from Louisville KY (Graduated class of 1998 Fairdale, and class of 2009 Sullivan College of Technology and Design - Computer Network Security and Forensics). Lived there from birth to Aug of 2010, then moved to Communist California for a job. (Loved the weather and car scene but the people there are nuts and it’s almost pointless to try and get into firearms there) Returned to KY in June of 2016 after getting hurt on the job. Then moved to Jeffersonville Indiana in April of 2017...

Been into modern mopars for the last 7 years (I drive a 2012 Dodge Charger SRT8 and participated in several shows over the years), but have gravitated more towards firearms and general plinking in the last 3. Not sure which hobby is more expensive... seems about the same honestly. Might get into hunting, but haven’t gone since I was a little kid with my grandpa.. not a fan of birds, but small game and deer I like.

First off let me say this... I know a lot of people have hard feelings against Springfield Armory but that’s what I first learned to shoot with (M1) and mostly what I own now (yes I know it’s a different company than the old one)... already spent the money to buy them before they did their thing... not about to just give them all away for cheap or start hating a firearm just because the company does something silly.

My brother and most of my old friends in KY prefer shooting ARs / AKs but I myself have always enjoyed shooting my M1A’s over all my other rifles... it just feels right.... I have an IWI Galil Ace that comes in 2nd (in my opinion) behind the M1A’s but I think it’s more due to the weight, how it feels and the cheaper cost of 7.62x39 Ammo. Wish I could just buy a $4K+ M14 but I just can’t justify that much on one right now. I’m not rich in the monetary sense but I got what matters most to me.

I’ve been sticking mostly to .308, .9mm just so I don’t have to stock a bunch of different calibers. I Plan on eventually getting into reloading... Not so much for doing precision shooting but because I hear reloading is kind of therapeutic, and I can save some money shooting. I used to shoot federal but have noticed my M1A and Saint seem to like PMC brand so I been sticking to that and catching the brass to put back for when I start.

Ok... this turned into a book... here’s some pics... enjoy... and I looking forward to talking to you all and hopefully learning a lot more.

Would love to make some shooting buddies that have private land to shoot on. Not into shooting at Knob Creek as the range officers rubbed me wrong the last time I was up there. (about a year ago... haven’t been back since) Dude jumped me over my coat pocket catching on my Bipod during a cease fire. Rifle started to fall off table and I caught it and slid it back centered away from the edge on the table. Rifle was already clear and had a chamber flag but because he saw it in my hands he just blew up on me. I tried to explain but he just wasn’t having it so I just packed up and left. Not worth arguing or making a scene bigger than what he was making it already. I get it safety rules are safety rules but being a flat out **** isn’t necessary especially when it’s not an intentional disreguard for safety. Ok done ranting :x

05d3cad92290eb08c1294f2bfc13c12d.jpg

9efd3abba6fe664b0fd1878d0aafefcd.jpg

f1d8467ffe1a5f7771bf89d0fee5718f.jpg

841cd14361954d3bc1565bc7ea0d28e1.jpg

bbba812887c381fee3e117fff6a6ed83.jpg

222e778e77962e06fee623a95ba52e3e.jpg

cbbf7c332486976fb637d72f7dc4f315.jpg

9550c6dd40a5d5bbcc2a8f13f270ba84.jpg

4b6c61877dcecfe7ad0893f0e566c085.jpg

Not everything I got but these are the only ones you’ll see me take out anymore. Usually I just take 2 rifles and 2 pistols just in case of a mechanical failure so my whole day isn’t ruined.

As far as social media... you can find me on

Instagram:
    @srt8_frost_2012
    @2A.frost
    @call_of_duty_frosty

YouTube Channel:
    SRT8_frost_2012

and

MeWe
    No Ads. No Spyware. No BS
    https://mewe.com/i/jonathanwebb17

I don’t do twitter or Facebook (commiebook)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom