Not open for further replies.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    Howdy all,

I grew up around Columbus/Gnaw Bone area, graduated from Purdue in '73, and followed a motorcycle industry job to Pismo Beach, California in '78.

You're probably aware of what's going on out here, and if you're not you should be. Wife has another 18 months to go before she can retire, and then... then it's Back Home Again in Indiana.

This was a great place to live and work for the last 42 years but now, due to the politics of this state, it isn't. We're looking for a place in the south, maybe down along the Ohio; Madison, Aurora, Tell City, someplace that has a view of water. It won't be like looking at the Pacific Ocean every morning, it will be better.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Lmo, that Unidue Perversity edumacation is showin' up in the spelling in the thread title.:):

Graduated Brown County HS in '78 myself. Lived up around Beanblossom almost all of my days so far.

Welcome home.

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    that Unidue Perversity edumacation is showin' up in the spelling in the thread title.

Hey, I war engahneer... spelling doesn't count ((as much) ... I got 'prodigal' right)).

Not home yet; 18 months to go. Starting to sweat bullets, if the 2A intrusions aren't enough, the &#%@ CA state legislature is starting to mess around with property tax changes, health care of illegal immigrant seniors, increasing sales tax, reducing property tax deductions, blah, blah, blah... can't get out fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Well, welcome almost-back.

I grew up in Brown County and graduated with patience0830, graduated from IU Bloomington in 82, four years in Redondo Beach and Topanga Canyon (early 90s) by way of Oklahoma and Germany first, then ended up in Texas by way of Saudi Arabia. Use INGO to keep tabs on things in the Hoosier state.

Welcome to the forum!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    My son lives just down the road from you at Vandenburg AFB. He and his wife go up to Pismo Beach once in awhile. We ate lunch their last summer.

I like to visit him and we usually go to SLO at least once and have been up to Paso, but mostly we just hang out.

See a rocket launch now and then.

We like visiting, but I wouldn't want to live there. He and his wife thought it was cool for about the first year. They are over it now and are already looking forward to their next base.

Welcome!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Welcome back! I left CA in 1995 and have family living in both Los Osos and Santa Maria that are planning their retirement escapes as well. There used to be a great place for Fiat’s in Pismo called Terry’s Fiat I think. Been years since I’ve stopped by there and am guessing that they are no longer around.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Welcome back! I left CA in 1995 and have family living in both Los Osos and Santa Maria that are planning their retirement escapes as well. There used to be a great place for Fiat’s in Pismo called Terry’s Fiat I think. Been years since I’ve stopped by there and am guessing that they are no longer around.

I do like a well prepared Tri-Tip, Santa Maria style!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Lmo, that Unidue Perversity edumacation is showin' up in the spelling in the thread title.:):

Graduated Brown County HS in '78 myself. Lived up around Beanblossom almost all of my days so far.

Welcome home.

I had to fix the title. It was getting me every time I saw it.

Come on home my friend.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom