• Status
    Not open for further replies.

kmish105

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2019
    laporte
    hi there, been lurking for quite some time now and i cant really seem to get the hang of things. i find classifieds that im interested in but because i havent posted enough i can not pm the sellers. is there another way to get in contact? ive got to be missing something!

Ddillard

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 29, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    Welcome aboard. It really isn't hard to get 50 quality posts and why not be a site supporter, too. There is an abundance of information here.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Welcome. You have been lurking for almost a year and can't find any conversations you want to participate in?

What are your interests?

What do you want to learn about?

Use the forum search to find the stuff that grabs your attention. Ask questions.

Lots of good info and good people here.

You haven't joined until you participate.

NWI Thread

You can pay to be a site supporter and you'll get access to the classifieds, but many will ignore you there if you aren't actively posting. You should donate to support the board whether you use the classifieds or not.

Hope you stick around and find the site useful.

kmish105

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2019
    laporte
    ouch! rough beginning... to be honest ive never been involved in a forum at all online so i had no idea it was based upon being so involved. ill try my best. thanks for the warm welcome!

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    ouch! rough beginning... to be honest ive never been involved in a forum at all online so i had no idea it was based upon being so involved. ill try my best. thanks for the warm welcome!

A few quick suggestions for you:

1. Read the FAQs: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/faq.php (Especially the first one)
    2. Pay attention to what the mods (moderators) tell you. EG: don't break the rules
    3. Do a quick search before asking questions to see if they have already been answered
    4. Learn to be like a duck and let it roll off your back when (not if) flak is fired your way but also use it as a learning experience

After that it gets easier and there are a lot of smart people here to help you.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Hello and welcome to INGO. Come for the classifieds (not classified :shady:), stay for the discussion. 50 quality posts? Jump in on the Coronavirus thread. Just describing what you've seen at the store this week is at least 50. We also have a thread discussing toilet paper hoarding. Just chime in on the bizarre brands of TP you've seen leaving by the cart-load.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So you did not read the rules as requested when you joined.
    We are not Armslist or Gunbroker as you should well know if you have been lurking for a while as you state. Now we will be watching. Its what we do.....:shady:

And no, you are not "MISSING" anything.

Tax checks must be hitting the mail boxes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

This is not rough at all. People are merely stating the facts. We do not want to deal with people we do not have some familiarity with. Simple as that.

Expect a PM from me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom