Not open for further replies.

beer leaguer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2020
    US
    Hi Forum,

I'm new to guns. Not because of the virus. I was trying to purchase a firearm a few months ago, but had to wait for my new green card. My goal is to learn with my son, so we're starting with a .22. he has two rifles, and now we have a handgun (TX22).

I live in the Carmel area and have used Point Blank's range. At this time, it would be great to own some land to practice on.

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Awesome to have you! Shut up and listen to when someone brings up a safety concern. The rest will come with practice. Gun guys are good friends to have. Especially if you like a good burger. :cheers:

beer leaguer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 19, 2020
    US
    Awesome to have you! Shut up and listen to when someone brings up a safety concern. The rest will come with practice. Gun guys are good friends to have. Especially if you like a good burger. :cheers:
    I thought it might be valuable for my son and I to partake in a safety class, to show him responsibility and respect for firearms. Any affordable recommendations are appreciated. Thank you.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    There are several really good instructors here in the forum. Most ranges offer classes as well,. It is in their best interest to do so.

Welcome.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Welcome aboard! You have made a huge step as evidenced by your choice of thread title. The biggest mistake you can make is to pretend you know more than you do. There are members here that are very willing to help you along the way. This group is very giving to assist new people in safety and proficiency along the way. PB offers classes online as well.

This is not the apocalypse, just a simple dry run, IMHO, so learn from it so you are prepared, while preparing just in case it turns differently...

Again, welcome...

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

Unfortunately land in the Hamilton County area that could accommodate shooting is few and far between, and very expensive if you can find sufficient acreage. I used to have a nice size property just off of I69 near exit 10. Now there is a Cabela's in what used to be my back yard.

On the other hand as you have found out, there are local indoor ranges and instruction is available at most. Good luck and enjoy the sport.

BJones

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Noblesville/Westfld
    Welcome from Noblesville!! Great Idea to get training early so you don't develop bad habits. Shooting is more complex than just pointing and pulling the trigger. There are some GREAT trainers on this site, take advantage of their knowledge.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom