Not open for further replies.

don372

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2020
    Hamilton County
    Hello Ingo guys,
    I've been a lurker on this great forum for a long time. Retired military, had a cup of coffee for a few years after that in federal law enforcement. Long time ACC member. Saw a post that I wanted to comment on, so I joined to have post privileges. Excerpt from the post which was commenting on a indiana gun shop went like this, "...inventory is mostly geared towards self defense and assault weapons".
    Folks please don't use the term "assault rifle", or "assault weapon" as in this Dec 2016 INGO post. When a 2nd Amendment supporter, or shooting enthusiast, or gun owner, uses that term to label some type black gun - he is making the case for the gun haters out there. Educate the masses that the term AR-15 is the designation from the Armalite gun design sold to Colt Manufacturing in 1959. The AR stands for ARMALITE RIFLE! Not assault rifle or assault weapon. Just my two cents. Thank you.

2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.4%
    62   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    Hello Ingo guys,
    I've been a lurker on this great forum for a long time. Retired military, had a cup of coffee for a few years after that in federal law enforcement. Long time ACC member. Saw a post that I wanted to comment on, so I joined to have post privileges. Excerpt from the post which was commenting on a indiana gun shop went like this, "...inventory is mostly geared towards self defense and assault weapons".
    Folks please don't use the term "assault rifle", or "assault weapon" as in this Dec 2016 INGO post. When a 2nd Amendment supporter, or shooting enthusiast, or gun owner, uses that term to label some type black gun - he is making the case for the gun haters out there. Educate the masses that the term AR-15 is the designation from the Armalite gun design sold to Colt Manufacturing in 1959. The AR stands for ARMALITE RIFLE! Not assault rifle or assault weapon. Just my two cents. Thank you.

​Welcome to INGO I hope everyone notices that you have made a very good point about labeling items!!!!!!

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    While we all understand what AR means the masses don't and the media will do all they can to keep it that way. Oh and welcome to the board from Sheridan.

[edit] Just looked and you are also from Sheridan. We need to get together.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom