Not open for further replies.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Hi!

My lady and I just moved here from Chicago in January (pre-CV!) We're in NWI/Miller beach.

I didn't grow up shooting but I lived in KY for a couple years and shot alot there. When I moved back to IL I dumped my
    guns and regretted it. Very happy to be in NWI.

Mostly like shooting clays and .22LR rifles and pistols. More 2AF and GOA than NRA.

So happy to be here instead of Chicago.

Trying to find a "home" range right now -- Don't like shooting indoors and NWI seems a little sparse on outdoor ranges.

-L

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Welcome from Hobart. Check out the Dnr ranges. There's 4-5 within an hour drive of NWI

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Thanks! My boss used to live there, seems like a nice town. Has a SCUBA shops which surprised me!

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Welcome from Hobart. Check out the Dnr ranges. There's 4-5 within an hour drive of NWI

Planning on checking out Kingsbury and Winamac -- Willow Slough appears to be closed? I really like range target shooting but like blowing clays up just as much and I'm pretty lost on how to handle a thrower etc myself -- The place I shot in KY I showed up, gave them 5 bucks and blew up as many frisbees out of 25 as I could. Called Jasper Pulaski and Winamac and in both cases they don't have electrical hookup at the shotgun stands : /

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Thanks for the heads up, didn't realize they had open shoots.

I was thinking about trying to join there but they have a max of 2/yr on individual guests and my father, mother in law and a couple friends would probably enjoy shooting 3-4-times a year with us.

The club I was at in KY was strict on safety stuff but pretty chill about guests -- I'll definitely check out the Thursday trap though, thanks for the heads up!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom