Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New member from Dyer

Plinker

User Info Menu

New member from Dyer

Hello, forum members! New member from Dyer here, and thought I would introduce myself and share a little information about me.

Long-time residents of Lake County, Illinois, we "voted with our feet" several years ago and relocated to Indiana. I was a member of the Conservation Club of Kenosha County before we left, and a regular at their trap range. I also visited their pistol range every now and then to shoot handguns chambered in .45 ACP, 9mm, .38 special/.357 magnum, and 22 LR. I haven't fired any of my shotguns since moving here owing to my inability to locate trap clubs within a reasonable driving distance, but have driven out to the state range in Jasper County a few times to practice with my handguns.

Really liking it here in this part of NWI as it reminds me of what the "other" Lake County was like back in the day.

User Info Menu

Hi, and welcome from Crown Point.

Some of us NW folks hang out in the NW Indiana thread here https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/b...ml#post8415371

We are having a meet and shoot at Winamac on Saturday the 5th. Good chance to meet the local folks. https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/i...4=#post8398940
    Last edited by Snapdragon; 08-30-2020 at 12:32.

Quote Originally Posted by 04FXSTS View Post
    If God created anything better than dogs and S&W revolvers he kept it for his self.

User Info Menu

Welcome from Hobart.

As far as trap google Izaak Walton. There is 1 in Hobart and Griffith (closest 2 that I know of for you) They do trap on Wednesday and Saturday as well as first Sunday of every month
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve Order in the world as well as property . . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

User Info Menu

Proud Member of D.A.D.D.

Dads against daughters dating.....

User Info Menu

2 from NWI

What Snap said, follow the links and join in the fun.

2+2=4

Certified Bro Shark Ballstater98's Avatar

User Info Menu

from Porter!
    Lifetime LTCH; Lifetime NRA Member; Maker's Mark Ambassador #780040; GOA Member #23463299

User Info Menu

Welcome to the group!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hello and Welcome from NWI, Snap and DK set you in the right direction.

A lot of good people here, kick back and stay awhile.

User Info Menu

Awesome! Love stories like these. Welcome aboard!
    INGO’s bacon hater.

User Info Menu

Welcome.

Michigan City Rifle Club has open trap on Thursdays, starts at 6 pm. $5 per round for non-members.

Here's a recent thread where another new member is asking for some advice about trap:

https://www.ingunowners.com/forums/s...into-fold.html

If you read the thread there are posts with referrals to other places to shoot Clay's.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast