Not open for further replies.

brentperry47905

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2020
    Lafayette
    Hello everyone.

Looking to get to know some folks, maybe help a few out as well.

Im in the Lafayette area, prior military (USAF Mil Police/14yrs), AGR with the Reserves.
    I grew up in Lafayette (Harrison High School/Wife went to Jefferson High), happy to be home.
    Indiana CCW licensed / LEOSA qualified.

Just made a new purchase (Glock 45 Gen5 MOS) with Glock BlueLable from Fort Liberty Firearms in Avon (thanks guys!).
    Definitely worth the 1hr drive.

Having a hard time finding aftermarket parts (newgun).
    But with it being a G17 Frame and a G19X Slide, it should be pretty compatible.
    Accepting advice...

Thanks for checkin me out.
    -Brent

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Welcome. I lived there for 16 years raising my kids. Had one go to Harrison. He ran X country and track and is career Air Force now.

Hope you hang around. A lot of good people here.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Welcome from Greenwood. I advise against any exotic changes.. Sights and trigger work are the two areas most people mod. Beware, changing ANY springs can cause reliability issues and what you have now is ultra reliable. You can see what I've done to my 45 and in my mind it's the perfect pistol. Feel free to PM me if you have specific questions.
    [FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / Glock armorer / M&P Armorer[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&amp]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach

[/FONT]
    ps46Bhz.jpg

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    What are you looking to do with it? I put an Overwatch Precision trigger in mine because I liked the flat trigger shoe and slightly less pre-travel, but since it uses a OEM Glock trigger bar there is no sacrifice in reliability. A magazine release from Tango down improved the ergonomics of mag changes for me, but other than that it’s fine how it is. Parts are pretty standard in the 9mm Gen5 platform so except for magazines and magwells everything that fits a G19 will fit the G45.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom