• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2020
    Greenfield
    Hello everyone,

I have just joined INGO and I am interested in stating a firearms collection at the young age of 19. I have a passion for history and therefore love surplus guns. I would also like to know what recommendations everyone has for first guns. I have one already, a Remington 780 chambered in .300 win mag. Yes I know it’s big for a first gun, but I wanted to have a reliable deer gun. I hail from Greenfield, Indiana, born and raised.

Thanks for all the future advice,

ShallNotBeInfringed

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group!

:welcome:

You are going to hate me but at 19 I suggest going to college (yes, no money left over for firearms) and then after you have a degree you will be able to get a job that pays enough to afford the prices that firearms are going for these days.

Damn, I am starting to sound like my father!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Hello SNBI and welcome to INGO :ingo: .300 Win Mag big for your first gun? That's big for your last gun! :laugh:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2020
    Greenfield
    Hello SNBI and welcome to INGO :ingo: .300 Win Mag big for your first gun? That's big for your last gun! :laugh:
    The Gander Outdoors in my town was going out of business and .300 Win Mag was the only caliber they had the gun left in. I wanted .308, but it was cheap so I bought it. It doesn't kick quite as bad as I thought it would.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Welcome. It gets addicting. Get your 50 quality posts or become a Site Supporter and you'll find all kinds of guns in the classifieds.

Glad to see a young person get involved responsibly.

Lilboog82

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 26, 2014
    Indiana
    Welcome to INGO!

crappy timing and all to start your collection right now, but conditions are always changing. When ammo prices come back down to reasonable prices I suggest buy in bulk and stock up, can never have to much ammo.

I love growing my collection all the time, more than I should at times but oh well! With that, I stay within a few calibers so I don’t have to buy tons of different calibers and I can buy more in bulk of the few that I need.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't mind what you call me I have all kinds of nicknames at work, with Kid being the most common one. I'd love to one day get my hands on an authentic m1 garand.

If you haven't already done so, look into the CMP for getting a Garand. There are some requirements to meet, but it is by far the best place to find a gun and also a lot of great info.

https://thecmp.org/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom