Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New to the state

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vermilionbird View Post
    And so begins the process of learning which cities and towns are in what part of the state hahah
    When I moved from Alabama to Elkhart County in 2002 I had to use an old fashion map. At least you have google maps to help you out.

Welcome to INGO
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery."
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to James Madison, January 30, 1787

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere KellyinAvon's Avatar

User Info Menu

And so begins the process of learning which cities and towns are in what part of the state hahah
    There is a big difference between different parts of the State, just as it everywhere. Big difference between Butler and Philly in PA; big difference between Bloomington/South Bend/inside 465 Indianapolis/Gary and the rest of the State.

Also differences between folks from the different original area codes: 219/317/812.
    INGOer #25,448

User Info Menu

Welcome to the group!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gluemanz28 View Post
    When I moved from Alabama to Elkhart County in 2002 I had to use an old fashion map. At least you have google maps to help you out.

Welcome to INGO
    Old fashion map? Like the ones you needed a sextant to follow or the kind on cave walls? Maybe we should bring CM in on this
    INGOer #25,448

Plinker

User Info Menu

Google maps does help! It's almost become a crutch in that I feel less of a need to learn the street names lol

User Info Menu

Google maps does help! It's almost become a crutch in that I feel less of a need to learn the street names lol
    Whats real good is a lot of areas out in the country haven't had 911 for that long (<30 years). A lot of roads weren't named or numbered. Directions went like, "go out past the old so-and-so place, turn left after you pass old mule crossing, then when you get to the old so-and-so corner..." What makes it real interesting is you can be talking about the same area, but old so-and-so who died in 1940 and old so-and-so who died in 1995 had different names.
    INGOer #25,448

Plinker

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Welcome

Plinker

User Info Menu

Thanks all! Happy to be here

User Info Menu

to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast