Not open for further replies.

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    Hi Everyone,

I'll be moving to Indiana sometime in the new year and wanted to get started here early. I'll be finishing my 20-year Army career and settling in Indiana, hopefully for good.

I've been stationed in Maryland for a long time, and while Maryland has some nice things, Maryland's gun laws aren't among them. I will not miss a 7-day wait for handgun purchases, magazines transferred within Maryland being limited to 10 rounds (although it's legal to buy them out of state and bring them to Maryland), the inability to carry, and a general dislike for firearms and firearm owners. Indiana already feels more like home and I haven't even moved to Indiana yet!

Thanks for letting me join you, I look forward to learning and contributing to this group.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Thank you for your service!

Yeah, I think you'll like it here, if we can keep the anarchists and marxists at bay...

Welcome to INGO!

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood
    Thanks for the kind works, everyone. I'm excited to get out there! Normally we visit Indiana for Christmas, but that probably won't happen this year due to COVID.

One of my first tasks is to get the LTCH. I have carry permits in other states but not Marylandistan. This forum is awesome, there are so many resources about LTCH an other info.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Greetings Eagle. Did the same thing. It was great to get out of liberal hell holes and tax hells to a land more free.

Let's help keep it that way!

:ingo: :patriot:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Welcome to the group and welcome to the firearm friendly state of Indiana!

:welcome:

And THANK YOU for your service to this great country!

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    Welcome to the Free state of Indiana....glad to hear another escapee from the tyrannical people's republic of Me.
    I travel back to VA on a regular basis and my LTC is valid in every state but maryland!

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Welcome to the Free state of Indiana....glad to hear another escapee from the tyrannical people's republic of Me.
    I travel back to VA on a regular basis and my LTC is valid in every state but maryland!

ME is Maine. MD is what you wanted for a postal abbreviation.

Welcome Soldier. Former 98GRussian Linguist here.:patriot:

Eagle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 29, 2020
    Greenwood

Thanks Magyars. Yeah, Maryland is notorious for that. I've maintained my Pennsylvania residency as long as I've been in the Army, and so I have a PA resident concealed carry permit, which Maryland doesn't honor.

Virginia has favorable gun laws but those are in danger as the state changes. It's unfortunate.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom