• Status
    Not open for further replies.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Hello all. Another new member from South Indy (soon to be Greenwood, when I take possession of my new home on Friday) I used to shoot quite a bit in college and taught many people safe use of firearms who had never before touched them. I used to shoot IPSC competitions and put 10k rounds down range a year, excluding .22. Nothing takes away college stress after a final like taking down metal knock downs with some really hot .44 Mag rounds. We had a fully reloading setup at the gun club and I could use my own supplies to make ammo on the cheap.

I haven't been out to the range much at all since 2000. The most I smelled burned gun powder came from supervising the safe use of muzzle sealed prop guns firing blanks, for local independent films. (I was pleasantly surprised to see the high cap mags back in gun shops at a reasonable price when I picked up a Mossberg 500 to use in a shoot with blanks. That tells you how much I've not been "in" gun culture.) I let my CCW expire and kind of left the scene. My fiancee and I have talked about my experiences in college and the two times I was protected by having my Glock 22 along, without needing to fire. I recently told her about the new lifetime LTCH available and how I should apply for one. Her response made me love her more. "You think I should get one, in case the SHTF." :) I can see some range time in the future. It is a little more expensive in rounds if both of us are shooting, but much less expensive in the "where do you think you are going?" category.

Recently, I've started looking at putting away supplies that could be helpful if we get into a SHTF scenario in this country. I personally believe that we are looking at a financial situation that is at least the inflationary levels that were seen in the 70's. A couple months of stored supplies only makes sense, if you have the room.

I'm still a Glock fan. They point right for me. Always go bang when you pull the trigger. I've dropped a opossum from 50 yards with one shot, lit up with a flashlight and using the trituim sights on my Glock 22. That is accurate enough for me.

If anyone know of good ranges in the Greenwood/Bargersville area or further south, I'm all ears.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Welcome to the Best Side.... South Siiiiiiiiiide.

As far as places to shoot down here, I only wish I knew!!

Atterbury has a range, but they've JACKED UP their prices. It's now $15/hour to shoot...with a two hour minimum. Then there's a $5 target stand deposit which you generally get back unless you destroy it.

It's gotten too pricy for me, I haven't been in a long time.

Welcome "back".

-J-

quicksdraw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    Eastern In.
    Welcome to the Best Side.... South Siiiiiiiiiide.

As far as places to shoot down here, I only wish I knew!!

Atterbury has a range, but they've JACKED UP their prices. It's now $15/hour to shoot...with a two hour minimum. Then there's a $5 target stand deposit which you generally get back unless you destroy it.

It's gotten too pricy for me, I haven't been in a long time.

Welcome "back".

-J-

Unless Atterbury has raised prices again in the last couple of weeks, that should be $7.50/hr with a 2 hr. minimum.
    BTW, welcome to a fellow southsider.

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    Welcome Joe! Great to have you here. How did you find "us"

I found the site by searching for sites that list classified ads for firearm sales in Indiana, which has become harder after all the majors lost their balls (err... I mean become politically correct :rolleyesedit: ). This seems a good place for that and more. I'm planning on purchasing a little more hardware, used always helps a little with cash flow.

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Cool, Good to know our search engine efforts are working. Enjoy the site!

I found the site by searching for sites that list classified ads for firearm sales in Indiana, which has become harder after all the majors lost their balls (err... I mean become politically correct :rolleyesedit: ). This seems a good place for that and more. I'm planning on purchasing a little more hardware, used always helps a little with cash flow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom