Please reply by conversation.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    ~ WITHDRAWN~

last bump & price drop (6/21), before I just 'gift' it.

VINTAGE Colonial Hunter Prototype-

What it is: This is a hunting knife made by artisans at Colonial Knife Co. in the 1970's. It has a 4-1/2" nickel-plated blade, and overall length is 8-3/4". Full tang, with over size Rosewood handle scales and brass guard and stainless steel pins. It has never been used or carried, except to cut paper to check sharpness. Comes with a SHARP brand sheath,

Why is it one-of-a-kind? This knife was never in a production run. It is the only one like it, being saved by the original engineer/designer who worked for Colonial, back then. His nephew inherited the knife, and I bought it from him. I intended to keep it, but have several items for sale now, as I need extra money for meds.

Why the SHARP brand sheath? Since this model was never advanced to a production run, Colonial never contracted a line of sheaths for it. The snap loop on this sheath will not close fully around the handle scales.... HOWEVER, that's an easy fix, by simply finding a longer snap loop for the sheath.

Why should I buy it? If you're a general collector, the reasons are obvious. If you'd like it for a hunting knife, it has a great feel in the hand and is well balanced and very sharp. The blade is 'high carbon' steel, as noted on the base of the blade. MADE IN THE U.S.A.

How can I get it? I will ship the knife with insurance (for it's estimated value of $100) in the lower 47 (no CA sales) via USPS Priority Mail.... for $48.
    If you are able to make a FTF meet on the north/northwest sides of Indy, I will go $36 cash.

Please reply "I'll take it!" in the thread.
    Otherwise, all communications should be done via PM here, or by e-mail.... so we don't prematurely bump the ad * Sorry, I don't use PayPal.

Thanks for looking!

Pics-

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom