Are Gun Owners As Courageous As Pot Smokers?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    This is interesting.

"I recently went to an event called Hemp Con down in my part of the state – Los Angeles. This is a big event at the LA convention center – with loads of vendors and businesses from every angle you can think of in support of the marijuana industry. There were home security companies to help protect your weed, solar power companies to help you grow your weed, doctors giving out medical marijuana cards to virtually anyone with $80 and an hour of time. There were even delivery services – you can get your marijuana delivered to you 24 hours a day…in 30 minutes or less. The pizza companies have nothing on these guys! It was amazing if you think about it from an economic standpoint – this was capitalism, the free market – working its wonders around an industry.

What’s the point?

Virtually EVERY single one of those businesses was either directly violating federal law, or aiding someone else in doing so because marijuana is illegal, according to the feds – but not the constitution – in all situations. In 2003, Tommy Chong was arrested for merely selling pieces of glass – pipes that could be used to smoke marijuana. And today, 7 years later, we’ve got what seemed to be the WalMart of weed in Downtown Los Angeles. And guess what – no ATF or DEA thugs shut the place down. Business functioned, people did what they wanted to in freedom, and that was that."

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    This is interesting.

In 2003, Tommy Chong was arrested for merely selling pieces of glass – pipes that could be used to smoke marijuana. And today, 7 years later, we’ve got what seemed to be the WalMart of weed in Downtown Los Angeles. And guess what – no ATF or DEA thugs shut the place down. Business functioned, people did what they wanted to in freedom, and that was that."

Chong was convicted on a Federal Statute dealing with the USPS, if I remember correctly. Kind of like Capone was convicted of tax evasion.

As for CA and is "Walmart of Weed" What do expect from a state that gave all of it's residents "IOU's" for their tax refunds last year? They are so bankrupt, they will do nearly anything to collect tax money to prop up the entitlement based governement and it's citizens. It's sad to say, but Cali and more specifically Hollywierd will eventually poison our entire country if we let it. IMO :rolleyes:

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    That's essentially what was asked at the 25th Annual Gun Rights Policy Conference in San Francisco, CA. It's an interesting question, too. Are gun owners willing to go to the same lengths to protect their rights to possess and carry firearms? I'm not sure they are, given the numbers of "law abiding" owners I come across.

Courage, Liberty, Guns and Weed – Tenth Amendment Center

You assume if gun owners violated federal law that they would be overlooked by the liberals in control of the government.
    Easy to have courage when you know the law won't be enforced.

Foolish to violate the law when you know you will become the poster child to create more anti-gun laws.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    You assume if gun owners violated federal law that they would be overlooked by the liberals in control of the government.
    Easy to have courage when you know the law won't be enforced.

Foolish to violate the law when you know you will become the poster child to create more anti-gun laws.

Yeah, that. The consequences are not the same.

I'm pretty sure you don't go to federal prison for having a joint.

Have a rifle that will fire even in a 3rd burst that is not registered and taxed and you will be enjoying 3 hots and a cot and the love of mr. johnson.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    So, if Obama managed, somehow, to get another assault weapons ban enacted and there was a provision for turning them in to "the authorities" you guys would just hand them over? Or if Bayh were elected to the governers post and had a gun grabbing dem majority and they got rid of the LTCH, you'd just never carry again? These California pot smokers and growers have been breaking federal law for decades, a huge act of civil disobedience on their part. Are we any less dedicated to our rights as gun owners?

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    So, if Obama managed, somehow, to get another assault weapons ban enacted and there was a provision for turning them in to "the authorities" you guys would just hand them over? Or if Bayh were elected to the governers post and had a gun grabbing dem majority and they got rid of the LTCH, you'd just never carry again? These California pot smokers and growers have been breaking federal law for decades, a huge act of civil disobedience on their part. Are we any less dedicated to our rights as gun owners?

Yes, and they are not being prosecuted for it in the large part either.

Pretty easy to say their are courageous when they know nobody will call them to the mat for it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yes, and they are not being prosecuted for it in the large part either.

Pretty easy to say their are courageous when they know nobody will call them to the mat for it.
    The population of our prisons system would say that you're wrong. A significant number of them are imprisoned for violating those laws you say aren't being enforced. Tens of thousands of people are in prison, have been fined, had property seized, been civilly sanctioned, etc., all for smoking pot. Growers and sellers number large in that prison population. There IS a large risk involved, despite what you might say.
    http://www.norml.org/pdf_files/NORML_Crimes_of_Indiscretion.pdf

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Ask Randy Weaver what happens if you violate gun laws.
    Mr. Weaver didn't really do anything and members of his family were murdered by the government. Same thing happens on a reoccurring basis with pot people. How many of them have we read about who've been [strike]murdered[/strike] killed by SWAT teams? Loads. If I had to guess, I would have to say that pot people are killed with a higher frequency than gun owners currently are. Unfortunately, that could all change with the stroke of a politicians pen.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Mr. Weaver didn't really do anything and members of his family were murdered by the government. Same thing happens on a reoccurring basis with pot people. How many of them have we read about who've been [strike]murdered[/strike] killed by SWAT teams? Loads. If I had to guess, I would have to say that pot people are killed with a higher frequency than gun owners currently are. Unfortunately, that could all change with the stroke of a politicians pen.

You must of missed the video of Mr. Weaver selling the sawed off shotguns to the ATF agent.:rolleyes:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The population of our prisons system would say that you're wrong. A significant number of them are imprisoned for violating those laws you say aren't being enforced. Tens of thousands of people are in prison, have been fined, had property seized, been civilly sanctioned, etc., all for smoking pot. Growers and sellers number large in that prison population. There IS a large risk involved, despite what you might say.
    http://www.norml.org/pdf_files/NORML_Crimes_of_Indiscretion.pdf

Yeah, if you are dealing drugs that are currently illegal then that will tend to happen.

What is the percentage of people that are charged with simple possession.
    As in officer johnson found a joint in their pack of cigs are sent to federal prison?
    I'll crawl out on this limb and say pretty low. (at most they will do is show up and shoot your dog)

I don't remember all the facts about the case of the guy that had a rifle that doubled
    and he was charged with having a machine gun when the only way to
    make it duplicate the doubling was to use ammo with extra soft primers.

The aggression in charging and pursuing charges is not the same.

ApplesAndOranges.jpg

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Yeah, if you are dealing drugs that are currently illegal then that will tend to happen.

What is the percentage of people that are charged with simple possession.
    As in officer johnson found a joint in their pack of cigs are sent to federal prison?
    I'll crawl out on this limb and say pretty low. (at most they will do is show up and shoot your dog)

I don't remember all the facts about the case of the guy that had a rifle that doubled
    and he was charged with having a machine gun when the only way to
    make it duplicate the doubling was to use ammo with extra soft primers.

The aggression in charging and pursuing charges is not the same.
    You're right. They're not the same. Pot smokers are incarcerated at much higher levels.
    As for the rifle, you may be thinking of Olaffson's case, I think. There's no doubt that ATF has gone after a few gun owners and flat out fabricated evidence to suit themselves. It doesn't change the numbers.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    As for CA and is "Walmart of Weed" What do expect from a state that gave all of it's residents "IOU's" for their tax refunds last year? They are so bankrupt, they will do nearly anything to collect tax money to prop up the entitlement based governement and it's citizens. It's sad to say, but Cali and more specifically Hollywierd will eventually poison our entire country if we let it. IMO :rolleyes:

California has some redeeming qualities, one is that it believes in the 10th Amendment, unlike many folks. States have the Constitutional power to regulate themselves. Opposing the Federal Government on the drug issue is like spitting in the Fed's eye.

Conversely, supporting the Fed's assertion of power is like spitting on the Constitution. Supporting the Fed's War on Drugs is just relishing in centralized, unconstitutional powers that Washington has taken on.

People like us should rejoice when states assert their 10th Amendment powers. Just like Arizona and its immigration law. Just like all the states that want to use the 10th Amendment to oppose the Feds' unconstitutional Health Care law. Just like Montana its gun law.

Support the 10th Amendment, or go on and enjoy being owned by the Feds. Personally, as a non-smoker, I am in total support of states asserting their powers to knock the FEDS off of their backs. In these times, I can't understand why anyone remotely conservative or constitutionalist would support Big Federal Government.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    While I don't violate federal gun laws, tax codes, hunting regulations,UCMJ, etc ... I did at one time remove that little tag on my bed sheet that said: "Do Not Remove". Do I get to keep my Man Card?

Top Bottom