• ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Well, the Democrats have finally been allowed by their master, Bauer to return to Indianapolis to do their jobs for which the people elected them.

Finally, SB 94, 154, 434, 292, and 506 have been assigned to a committee to be discussed. No date is yet set for that committee to meet, but the House Committee on Public Policy consists of:

Chair: Representative Davis
    Vice Chair: Representative Culver
    Members: Eberhart, Knollman, Lehman, Lutz, Messmer, Wesco.
    GiaQuinta, Austin, L. Lawson, Pelath, Summers.

Based on their voting records, all but three of them are pro-gun rights, the exceptions being GiaQuinta, Lawson, and Summers, thus, if the committee meets and if the bills are heard, they can be expected to pass to the House for voting.

Let's get in touch with those Representatives and let them know we want our bills heard, voted, passed, and enacted into law!

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    For those who may want some ideas for letters, here is the one I just emailed to Rep. Davis, the committee chairman. Admittedly, I got a little wordy for this type of letter.

Dear Rep. Davis,
    Good day, sir. I am glad to see that the Democrats have decided to come back to work and allow the people to have a voice in government. While their stalling tactics have shortened the time allowed for the business of the House, their return has allowed five bills to be assigned to your Committee on Public Policy that I would very much like to encourage you to use your position to ensure are heard, voted, and passed on to the full House. The bills to which I refer are SB 94, SB 154, SB 292, SB 434, and SB 506, all related to firearms ownership and use.

I would very much appreciate a reply as well, if you can find time in your busy schedule to do so, despite the fact that I am not in your district; I have no representative on your committee.

Thank you very much for your time and your consideration of my request, sir. I wish you a good day, a better week, and a successful session.

Most sincerely,
    <name redacted>

Blessings,
    Bill

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I, for one, have the sneaking suspicion that these are some of the bills that the Dems wanted to see die without having to say so, or to have a vote on them.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Has anyone read SB291? if I read it correctly it says that any firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured from raw materials within in state of Indiana does not have to be reported /registered with the federal gubernment.

Does this mean that if I wanted to open up a class shop that I could buy raw materials and manufacture class three weapons within the state and sale them within the state and not have to report them to the government as long as i had the appropriate FFL? Text and link is below

"
    Senate Bill 0291

[SIZE=+1]2011 1st Regular Session[/SIZE]

Latest Information

DIGEST OF INTRODUCED BILL

Indiana firearms freedom act. Provides that a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that: (1) is manufactured commercially or privately in Indiana from basic materials; (2) can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported from another state; and (3) remains within the borders of Indiana; is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce. Current Status:
    In Committee - first House Latest Printing (PDF)
    "

Link to in.gov bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I, for one, have the sneaking suspicion that these are some of the bills that the Dems wanted to see die without having to say so, or to have a vote on them.

I hope you're mistaken, but it would explain why Bosma never answered me when I emailed him a week or two ago.

With enough pressure, we may get them heard in spite of that... We ARE a board of 14,000 members; if only a fourth of us were to contact them, that's 3,500 messages/calls/letters. I've heard it said that if they get 100 calls, it's a huge outcry.

I sent mine. Anyone else?

Blessings,
    Bill

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Has anyone read SB291? if I read it correctly it says that any firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured from raw materials within in state of Indiana does not have to be reported /registered with the federal gubernment.

Does this mean that if I wanted to open up a class shop that I could buy raw materials and manufacture class three weapons within the state and sale them within the state and not have to report them to the government as long as i had the appropriate FFL? Text and link is below

"
    Senate Bill 0291

[SIZE=+1]2011 1st Regular Session[/SIZE]

Latest Information

DIGEST OF INTRODUCED BILL

Indiana firearms freedom act. Provides that a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that: (1) is manufactured commercially or privately in Indiana from basic materials; (2) can be manufactured without the inclusion of any significant parts imported from another state; and (3) remains within the borders of Indiana; is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of the United States Congress to regulate interstate commerce. Current Status:
    In Committee - first House Latest Printing (PDF)
    "

Link to in.gov bill

It might have meant that, but that bill has passed the deadline to be heard. It's dead.

Blessings,
    Bill

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Someone here worked on Capitol Hill far too long.:D

Thanks, BoR. Remember, INGO, keep those cards and letters coming.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Thanks for the update. Between this board and the NRA-ILA emails it really helps us keep informed and petition our governament at the appropriate time. I will be writing my congressman as soon as I get home from work today.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thanks for the update. Between this board and the NRA-ILA emails it really helps us keep informed and petition our governament at the appropriate time. I will be writing my congressman as soon as I get home from work today.

OK, a little late seeing this, but just to clarify, you do know that your letter needs to go to your State Representative, not to your US Congressman, right?

I see you're in Lafayette, which probably means either Truitt, Klinker, or Dr. T. Brown, rather than Todd Rokita, for example.

Hope that helps and thanks to all who've written so far. Who else is going to get in on this and actually make a difference in your government, as opposed to leaving it for others to do? The thread Liberty Sanders finished up today proved that those who would take away our lawful exercise of our rights DO monitor INGO... and I feel fairly certain they'll be contacting THEIR legislators. We need to make sure our voices are louder and heard more frequently.

Blessings,
    Bill

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well, the Democrats have finally been allowed by their master, Bauer to return to Indianapolis to do their jobs for which the people elected them.

Finally, SB 94, 154, 434, 292, and 506 have been assigned to a committee to be discussed. No date is yet set for that committee to meet, but the House Committee on Public Policy consists of:

Chair: Representative Davis
    Vice Chair: Representative Culver
    Members: Eberhart, Knollman, Lehman, Lutz, Messmer, Wesco.
    GiaQuinta, Austin, L. Lawson, Pelath, Summers.

Based on their voting records, all but three of them are pro-gun rights, the exceptions being GiaQuinta, Lawson, and Summers, thus, if the committee meets and if the bills are heard, they can be expected to pass to the House for voting.

Let's get in touch with those Representatives and let them know we want our bills heard, voted, passed, and enacted into law!

Blessings,
    Bill

BoR I want to write to them too much I'm DUMB and can't figure out the full name of the chairperson so not sure who to send it too!

*SIGH*
    yes TOTAL FAIL on my part!

Is it this guy?

Indiana House of Representatives Republican Caucus: State Representative Bill Davis - Home

GeneralCarver

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    Oh man! A firearm freedoms act in Indiana! Great news. I really hope this doesn't die. Indiana could be a better place to be as our country slips into greater economic and political turmoil that I originally thought.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    OK I emailed the chair and vice chair with this:

Dear Rep. xxxxxxxx,

I am glad to see that the Indiana House can finally go back to work now that a quorum has been met. I write in regards to five bills that have been assigned to your Committee on Public Policy which are SB 94, SB 154, SB 292, SB 434 and SB506 all of which are related to firearm usage.

Sadly I have no representative on your committee but would very much like to encourage you to use your positing to ensure the bills are heard, voted and passed on to the full House.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration of my request. I wish you have a successful session now that a quorum has been achieved.

Sincerely,

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Success!
    Rep. Davis has scheduled SB 154, 434, and 506 to be heard tomorrow, 4/1, at 10 AM!

No word yet on 292 or 94, but this so far is GREAT news!

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom