• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm sure it's nothing new, but in a speech given by an NRA official, they claim that the president... given no further elections to worry about... would destroy the 2nd amendment if re-elected. Due to the current anti-gun supreme court justices, and possibility for more to be appointed.

NRA official: Obama wants to outlaw guns in 2nd term - Washington Times

Any thoughts on if this could really happen? Could it be stopped in another way if he stacked the SCOTUS to vote for it?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Just more NRA fund raising furor. Nothing anti gun is likely to get past the house and even the senate wouldn't likely be able to get the numbers necessary to pass egregious gun control. There's really very little the executive branch can do except harass gun owners through regulation via the BATFU. While republicrats are more than happy to work with Obama on many things, gun control won't be one of them. As for SCOTUS...how are they anti-2A? They've got the same makeup as before Obama and no-one is talking about retirement at the moment. Shoot the only one who might retire would be the hag, Ginsberg and she'd be replaced by one just like herself. No gain, no loss.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Progressivism never sleeps.

All it would take is a heart attack or two and with Obama in office, you know he'll not nominate a Roberts or Alito. Follow that up with a strategic case or two and hello brand new 2a infringements--maybe not during obama's term, but they'd be the gift that would keep on giving for years to come.

Then there's the regulations, executive orders, and the pressure the president can bring to bear on the citizenry--just ask the GM bond holders, for example. And God forbid, should we have some tragedy, that the MSM and the progressives can leverage to turn the public's sentiments on CC or guns in general, the ground for change can be readied in short order. Watch the OWS whack-o's for example...theyre not done yet.

Can he do it alone? No. But he's got a willing and able cabal at his command.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Obama is good to go. No worries. Republicans are just as bad so it does'nt really matter who sits in the big chair anyway. They'll all work toward ending our 2A rights if given the chance. Obama/Biden 2012. :yesway:

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Just more NRA fund raising furor. Nothing anti gun is likely to get past the house and even the senate wouldn't likely be able to get the numbers necessary to pass egregious gun control. There's really very little the executive branch can do except harass gun owners through regulation via the BATFU. While republicrats are more than happy to work with Obama on many things, gun control won't be one of them. As for SCOTUS...how are they anti-2A? They've got the same makeup as before Obama and no-one is talking about retirement at the moment. Shoot the only one who might retire would be the hag, Ginsberg and she'd be replaced by one just like herself. No gain, no loss.
    Don't forget that Clarence Thomas is getting up there, and might retire I heard.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Sounds like fear mongering for funds. More people are waking up and I believe if something like that happened nationwide, well, I'm almost positive things would fall apart.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    You're an idiot if you don't think he would try to ban anything he could if he could get the votes in Congress.

Remember, it won't be him introducing the bill and it won't be him co-sponsoring it, but given the chance he WILL sign it.

JMHO.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    So let's assume obama-messiah declares all firearms to be illegal. Someone please explain how they are going to collect the firearms from the over 80,000,000 owners? Granted some would voluntarily turn them in because they are more worried for their immediate safety over their long term freedom, but what about those who don't voluntarily give them up?

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    So let's assume obama-messiah declares all firearms to be illegal. Someone please explain how they are going to collect the firearms from the over 80,000,000 owners? Granted some would voluntarily turn them in because they are more worried for their immediate safety over their long term freedom, but what about those who don't voluntarily give them up?

I'd tell you, but there is a sticky preventing me from saying what would happen.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    So let's assume obama-messiah declares all firearms to be illegal.

Think incrementally. Like an AWB with no sunset clause. The bill has already been written.

Think SCOTUS appointments like the last two. You only need one more to reverse Heller, then the gloves come off. And trust me they REALLY want to reverse Heller. REALLY BAD.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

Like they say: "never underestimate your enemy"

They may be a lot of things, but stupid ain't one of 'em. When the power of persuasion fails they'll have no problem using the persuasion of power.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    obumma.jpg

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Progressivism never sleeps.

All it would take is a heart attack or two and with Obama in office, you know he'll not nominate a Roberts or Alito. Follow that up with a strategic case or two and hello brand new 2a infringements--maybe not during obama's term, but they'd be the gift that would keep on giving for years to come.

Then there's the regulations, executive orders, and the pressure the president can bring to bear on the citizenry--just ask the GM bond holders, for example. And God forbid, should we have some tragedy, that the MSM and the progressives can leverage to turn the public's sentiments on CC or guns in general, the ground for change can be readied in short order. Watch the OWS whack-o's for example...theyre not done yet.

Can he do it alone? No. But he's got a willing and able cabal at his command.

Amen! Spot on!
    Very wise and accurate assessments. We already have two way-left Supreme Court justices (wise Latino woman, for example) and two or three more from B-HO would wreak havoc for many decades.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?

My bet would be that a few people would be SWAT-raided, their dogs shot, their homes ransacked before they were sent to jail (if they lived) and their children made wards of the state with the "scarlet letter" of being the child of a criminal. Those few would be shown repeatedly on TV as examples of what would happen to those who failed to comply with the new "law", to make more people willing to voluntarily comply.... maybe even an amnesty: If you bring them down and turn them in, we won't prosecute you at all. If we have to come get them, we'll happily eff up your WHOLE day and maybe turn you into Swiss cheese in the process.

What would happen to those doing the confiscations? A few would fall victim to the "cold dead hands" gun owners, I think, and then the PD would start crashing armored vehicles into houses so that no one could shoot back. Think Waco.

Whatever happens, it will be a sad day... and I really, really hope I'm completely wrong about this. I hope even more that Barry Hussein and whoever succeeds him never decide to do something that stupid.

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Like they say: "never underestimate your enemy"

They may be a lot of things, but stupid ain't one of 'em. When the power of persuasion fails they'll have no problem using the persuasion of power.

What would come out of this then is that we wouldn't have to worry about sending troops to Syria to stop their government from killing their own people because that is what would be happening here?

I agree with Mosinguy, because I am not going to get into my feelings as to what might happen because I really like being on this website and have a ton of respect for it and it's rules.

Top Bottom