• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    At a time when our government is becoming more intrusive, it's good to see our neighbor taking reasonable steps towards firearm freedoms.
    Gun registry: Conservatives and enthusiasts cheer the end of database | News | National Post
    I especially like:
    Public Safety Minister Vic Toews told reporters Wednesday, hours before the vote, that the government’s actions are long overdue.
    “It does nothing to help put an end to gun crimes, nor has it saved one Canadian life,” he said.
    and
    “It criminalizes hard-working and law-abiding citizens such as farmers and sport shooters, and it has been a billion-dollar boondoggle left to us by the previous Liberal government.”

beeeman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Here's one politician who opposed dropping the registry:
    Parti Quebecois leader Pauline Marois said celebrating the abolishing of the registry is “indecent and unacceptable.” She chose to read aloud at Quebec’s legislature the names of the 14 women killed in the 1989 Ecole Polytechnique massacre.
    The pathetic thing is, the gun involved in said shooting WAS REGISTERED!!!:n00b:
    Bernier said that the Ecole Polytechnique shooting — the Montreal Massacre that provided the political impetus for the long-gun registry — could not have been prevented.
    “The weapon used at Ecole Polytechnique was registered,” he said. “The fact of registering long guns does not permit us to fight efficiently against crime.”

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Maybe by the time the progressives are finished ruining this country all the conservatives can go north to Canada. They'll probably be more of a free country than the United States by then.

LegatoRedrivers

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2011
    dbf1e2eb-5ad8-4900-bba9-45c84b29c25c.jpg

1$Chuck

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Columbus
    I was just talking to a Canadian guy about this a couple months ago. He said that whole program failed miserably and cost bu-co bucks. He said that 3 seperate buildings were constructed for use as office space for this fiasco. It took them years to find out what any one who knows about guns already knows...... 1) You'll never be able to catalog all of the weapons that are already out there in the public hands. 2)The people who are a potential threat to society are not going to report the weapons they have.

I'm actually grateful that they went through this exercise so there is a good data point out there for any one thinking of trying the same stuff here.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'm actually grateful that they went through this exercise so there is a good data point out there for any one thinking of trying the same stuff here.

One hundred years of tyrannical government after tyrannical government murdering its own defenseless citizens hasn't done it. Why would this?

Top Bottom