• ...and so much more!
  • Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    DEVELOPING ...

President Obama has granted an 11th-hour request by Attorney General Eric Holder to exert executive privilege over Fast and Furious documents, a last-minute maneuver that appears unlikely to head off a contempt vote against Holder by Republicans in the House.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee is expected to forge ahead with its meeting on the contempt resolution anyway.

[copy righted material removed]

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/....#ixzz1yLN8 8oB4

Just incase you all don't know

Executive Privilege Law & Legal Definition

Executive privilege is a privilege held by members of the executive branch of federal governement not to disclose confidential communications that would impair governmental functions. It may be asserted by the President or other executive branch officials when they refuse to give Congress, the courts, or private parties information or records which have been requested or subpoenaed, or when they order government witnesses not to testify before Congress. The privilege may be overridden by interests of the "fundamental demands of due process of law and in the fair administration of criminal justice". 418 U.S. 713.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Exactly the point political observers have been making all morning: "You mean the White House knew about Fast & Furious? What did THEY know and when did they know about this blatantly unlawful program that resulted in the death of hundreds of Mexican civilians and at least one US government agent?"

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Two things to think about here: Obama/Holder are trying to delay things until they get lost in the general election hoopla; OR, they're hoping for the Republican House to vote for Articles of Impeachment, which might be approved by the House but certainly wouldn't be sustained in the Senate. Dems might feel they could spin such charges into a November victory for themselves.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    This is going to court.

U.S. v. Nixon, 1974, C.J. Burger writes:

"[h]uman experience teaches that those who expect public dissemination of their remarks may well temper candor with a concern for appearances and for their own interests to the detriment of the decision making process."

"[n]either the doctrine of separation of powers, nor the need for confidentiality of high level communications, without more, can sustain an absolute, unqualified Presidential privilege of immunity from judicial process under all circumstances."

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I am sure that the mainstream media will enjoy "informing" the sheeple that this is just an election year witch hunt. Nothing to see here folks.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Summarize this for me.

DOJ approved gun sales to people who they knew shouldnt have had them.

Those guns killed people.

Congress is upset over that.

The Prez is covering for this buddy Holder, any way he can.

Is that about it? Nutshell wise?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Summarize this for me.

DOJ approved gun sales to people who they knew shouldnt have had them.

Those guns killed people.

Congress is upset over that.

The Prez is covering for this buddy Holder, any way he can.

Is that about it? Nutshell wise?

Close.
    Based on what has been made public and now the WH's move it appears that the program/direction came from the WH and it was not just started in DoJ. The question for the future us is will this turn into an Iran-Contra scandal or a watergate scandal?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Executive privilege means that the White House was involved in some way.

Good enough for me! Guilty guilty guilty as charged!! :):

This is why I love republicans so much. Things are ok when their guy does it but as soon as the other party does it, they crawl out of the woodwork. At this point, I may vote for Romney in the hopes they win so all the republicans will crawl back into their holes and I can enjoy 4 years of silence from them.

Bush claims executive privilege on CIA leak - USATODAY.com

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    This is why I love republicans so much. Things are ok when their guy does it but as soon as the other party does it, they crawl out of the woodwork. At this point, I may vote for Romney in the hopes they win so all the republicans will crawl back into their holes and I can enjoy 4 years of silence from them.

Bush claims executive privilege on CIA leak - USATODAY.com

Don't lump all elephants together.....and I won't lump all jackasses together.

Top Bottom