• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    I’ve co-written an iPhone app that I think might be relevant. This app is a crowd-sourced listing of anti-gun locations (stores, restaurants, etc…) accross the United States. Posted! - Carry List Anti-Gun Locations (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/posted!-carry-list-anti-gun/id530004581)

I based this on what I and others I spoke with thought would be really useful! I always found it annoying to make plans with friends to go to a restaurant, only to be turned away at the last second because of their “no guns” sign, or to drive all the way to a store, only to find out I could not enter to buy the item I needed. This app makes it very easy to find locations that prohibit carry (based on current location, city, or name), so you know before going to one And it makes it very easy to add such locations to the list (including picture, GPS, address, and description), so others will know where to avoid.

I have used the information from Indiana Gun Owners many "List of anti-gun stores" threads for Indiana. (I did this with permission and with attribution.) I've also had the chance to add several more locations myself.

The description is below. Please let me know what you think! I’m always looking for ways to make it better. BTW, it will also be available for Android in a few weeks.

App Description:
    This application is for any gun owner! The purpose of this app is for the legal and conscientious concealed carry license holder to know where they cannot legally carry before getting there. A licensed permit holder or a resident of a constitutional carry state can usually legally carry their firearm in any location other than statutory "no carry" locations such as schools, gov. buildings, etc., and in locations that are posted prohibiting firearms. This is a list of those Posted locations.

Find hotels where you can’t carry before booking a trip to one. Find restaurants where you cannot carry before making dinner plans. Find stores to avoid before you step out the door. It is extremely inconvenient to not find out until you get to a location that they prohibit your second amendment rights. You have to either disarm in the parking lot (causing your vehicle to be a target for thieves) or go somewhere else at the last second. If you know beforehand, you can avoid the places that prohibit carry, or you can leave your firearm at home if you must attend.

This is Release 1.0 of the application. So far, we have a large number of "Posted anti-gun" locations collected in Wisconsin, Michigan, Kansas, Arizona, Nebraska, and North Carolina. We have assembled smaller lists in Tennessee, Iowa, Virginia, Indiana, Ohio, Washington, Utah, Florida, Missouri, and Mississippi; provided by users and many great gun forums / gun sites with their permission. Since it is crowd-sourced by users like you, please be patient while the list grows! The initial Database do far has few listings for other states. Be the first person in your state to grab data and add it to the app! You receive attribution for listing, and will receive special thanks for starting your state's listing!

This list is user-updated, and will continue to get better over time. But this relies on you! If you go to a place not on the list and they have a sign, please add it with a few clicks via the "Add Location" button! If a place had taken down their sign, get it removed the same way! If you already have a list of anti-gun businesses in your area or state, please send me an email. We would love to include any data you have collected, and give you credit for it!

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    But what about the cops having tracking software of everyone who runs this app, and stopping/disarming them for reasonable suspicion?!?

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County

NolaMan61

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Danville, IN
    Great... so we've got the worlds first useful app, that is only available on the world most useless fad device. Oh, the irony! Why is it only available for the iFad...?

Top Bottom