• ...and so much more!
  • 4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Got this e-mail from Jim Tomes

I don't have much time anymore to write letters like I used to, but I'd like to take this opportunity just to brief everyone on some things going on.

About two weeks ago I was contacted by a reporter for the Indiana Lawyer, David Stafford who was putting a story together about SB 292 and the lawsuits that were filed since then against municipalities who have violated this new law. You can read the story for yourself http://www.theindianalawyer.com/lawsuits-test-gun-restrictions-at-polling-places--local-regulations/PARAMS/article/29634

The one question that Mr. Stafford asked multiple times was if I would consider doing something at the state level to clarify what the exemptions of the law are or allowing a change in cases like polling areas. Simpley stated I said that the law is very clear and it's unfortunate that some local officials in some cities don't want to comply, either through obstinacies or ignorance and no I would not agree to any changes in the current law in that respect.

On a different note I was told that one of our local state legislators who was attending a Fraternal Order of Police candidate night recently was engaged in questions and comments about SB 1, the bill that was passed concerning the Castle Doctrine or sometimes called "stand your ground" law. It seems that some of the local Evansville city police are really upset about this law which actually was to their benefit. Nevertheless, they are mad and mad at those of us who support the citizens right to protect their homes from invasions.

In any event this state legislator here took their spouse's NRA membership card and cut it up in front of the audience of police to the cheers of those present. Two days ago I asked this legislator point blank if they did indeed do that and was told absolutely.

It is somewhat curious that SB 1 was more about the Fourth Amendment than the Second but nonetheless the anger is toward the NRA and legislators who stand for the Constitution.

In our blue skies there will always be dark clouds. I hope that we can STAY UNITED for what ever lies ahead. I hope that we will continue to assemble together at our 2nd Amendment Patriot meetings and those who have drifted away will see the need to rejoin us and help all of us bear the task of holding the line.

We're now just days away from another major chapter in this country's history come November 6th. I'm sure that interested groups from all sides are working to be victorious in achieving their goal. It would sure be comforting to see that we have not just the numbers but people with the determination to stand together and face the threat to freedom and liberty, not just for our kids, but for ourselves. The fact is that we are the ones to whom this duty rests.

Failing now to apply ourselves is not an option. Those who have reasons not to help are exceeded only by those who have excuses not to help.

If there is a candidate or incumbent at any level in your own piece of the country that will be an asset please lend a hand in getting that person elected.

“In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.” James Allen (1864-1912)

Jim Tomes

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    So, who is this un-named legislator down in Evansville? I'm sure their constituents would like to have a few words.

Thank you, Se. Tomes, for all you do! I may not be in your district, but you have my support.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    In any event this state legislator here took their spouse's NRA membership card and cut it up in front of the audience of police to the cheers of those present.

This sounds odd. Why the legislator's wife's card?

Progressives never give up...

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Here's the response that I received:

"It was Rep. Gail Rieken and she admitted it to me when I asked her about it this past Tuesday."

Well now, what's Ms. Rieken say about this? Anyone in communication with her?

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA

"It was Rep. Gail Rieken and she admitted it to me when I asked her about it this past Tuesday."

Democratic Rep. Gail Riecken :noway:

http://www.warrickdemocrats.com/gail_riecken_cam.htm

The law, which took effect July 1, includes exemptions that bar guns in schools, public hospitals, buildings that include courts and public buildings that include metal detectors and security officers at every entrance.
    Before being elected to the Indiana House, Democratic Rep. Gail Riecken served as Evansville's parks director. She said she is "not surprised at all" by what happened at the zoo.
    "It's one of the first things I thought about — guns around children," she said

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

A very quick perusal of her Facebook page lends the impression she's a typical, union loving, democrat.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

Big surprise. She's always been a leftist tool. Glad John Hostettler whipped her Bloomington trolling liberal ass in '98.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tatdale2
    Top Bottom