• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    “Courts find school administrators and legislators guilty as co-conspirators in Connecticut shootings”

Suppose I were irrationally afraid of fire extinguishers, and used fraudulent 'data' to exaggerate the times they caused accidental harm and/or were used maliciously (sound far-fetched...??? it's not - fire extinguishers have been used in more U.S. murders during the past 50 years than legally-purchased machine-guns), then I created an extinguisher-free-zone in a high-rise dormitory, despite a clear history showing that the sprinkler system which was installed there was defective and kept allowing arsonists’ fires to burn unabated. Then the inevitable happens - some arsonist started a fire and lives were lost - - - would I not be guilty of aiding and abetting the murders, even if I were not the one who lit the match...???

I think anyone who proposes, endorses, or enforces a "gun free zone" (especially one where our children are essentially forced to be) should be charged as co-conspirators whenever these school shootings happen.

Pleading "I was just following orders" should not be an applicable defense, any more than it was at Nuremberg.

Some dude in Wyoming today will get dirty looks from yuppies and soccer-moms this week for the NRA sticker in the window of his pickup truck, when he and the NRA had nothing to do with this. In the meantime, the Connecticut school administrators, mayor, governor, legislators, and other hand-wringers who grandstand about this will get sympathy - yet THEY set the situation up, and enabled that killer as surely as had they loaded the guns for him.

The individuals who support "gun-free school zones" are co-conspirators, and deserve to be treated with the utmost scorn, not sympathy. Even cops who enforce such laws have good intentions, but are part of the problem. All the good intentions in the world do NOT justify taking actions which have been repeatedly proven to be dangerous and counterproductive, even if it gives a few urban hoplophobes warm-fuzzies when the out-macho the NRA by passing more gun laws. The blood is still on their hands, far more than the "gun culture" the news media likes to blame. Even those horribly affected parents who turn their grief into pushing for more gun control laws should not be given media attention, or even sympathy; in their ignorance they are pushing for public policies which will facilitate yet more mass murders of innocent children; perhaps children of other parents who have more sense, but cannot override the wave of public sympathy as it turns into a witch-hunt against the 'gun culture'.

Everyone I know in the 'gun culture' would have shot this bastard (while the anti-gun ones would have been standing around talking about how ‘shocked’ they were that such a psychopath got a weapon).

Until society does an about-face and holds these naive idiots who support counterproductive and dangerous 'gun laws' accountable for the deaths they cause, such things will continue to happen.

When I was a child, even a teenager could purchase a high-capacity semiautomatic firearm BY MAIL-ORDER, and there wasn't a problem with "school shootings", so all this crap about how it's the "guns" or "easy availability" is pure bull****. It's time to quit having candle-light vigils after mass murders, quit analyzing the murderer's childhood, and quit treating firearms as deodands. The people who say they “want to do something” need to use their energy to demand repeal of ‘gun free school zone’ laws (and educate the clueless people outside the ‘gun culture’ who somehow are always ‘surprised’ that psychopaths don’t obey the laws).

If the schools were allowed to each approach this issue as they saw fit, some would take the obvious and actually sensible (instead of symbolic) path of allowing any adult CCW licensee to carry on the grounds, including employees. Crazy killers have been around since the days of Adam and Eve, and will continue to strike (as we can see, they tend to ignore laws not only against murder, but carrying without a license, illegal possession, firearms on school grounds, etc.), but if they are outnumbered by good-guys (and they pretty much always are), and the good-guys are there - and armed, they can't attain such a high death toll. This evidently sounds unrealistic or 'violent' to hoplophobes, but is exactly what many institutions and societies have done successfully for decades, vs. the 'strict gun control' approach, which sounds wonderful on paper, but consistently leads to more innocent deaths.

Some would say instead of allowing 'ordinary' citizens or school employees with CCW licenses to carry on school grounds, we need to hire more cops to walk the halls. Nice idea if you can afford it, but ALSO - perhaps they are unaware that police have a higher rate of lethal accidental-discharge than those 'ordinary' citizens with CCW licenses, and a higher rate of murder, as well. It's simply never been a very stable situation to empower just a few individuals to rule over all others; such has been the incubator from which many tyrants and mass murderers have arisen.

The principle apparently put on the PA system the agitated conversation with this a-hole, and everyone in the building had a chance to know a dangerous situation was brewing. So - they locked their doors and cowered. Had a normal proportion of adults there been armed, you can bet when the he shot the principal and started out of his office to go shoot everyone else, he'd have had a "greeting party" in the hallway and not gone a step further.

We need as a society to start holding the people accountable who enable these psychopaths to kill, and I don't mean 'gun owners' or 'the NRA' - I mean ANYONE who supports "gun free zones" or any other dangerous and counterproductive "gun control" law. They should go to court as co-conspirators for these murders.

OK – I’m done venting. Too bad our society will just wring hands and wrinkle brows, then continue to pretend gun control is some kind of talisman.

P.S. - a MUST READ article for those who believe the "facts" most doctors spew out about 'gun violence' - go the the section on "Overt Mendacity" for a good start. The article is from a law review journal, 83 pages of thoroughly-referenced material with full citations, and written by a liberal civil-rights attorney and award-winning criminologist and several physician co-authors.

"Guns and Public Health - epidemic of violence, or pandemic of propaganda?"
    ( link )----> GUNS AND PUBLIC HEALTH: EPIDEMIC OF VIOLENCE OR PANDEMIC OF PROPAGANDA?
    http://www.guncite.com/journals/tennmed.html
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Andrew Johnstone, RPh/MD
    Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws - "First do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more innocent deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Last edited:

Shift

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Oh the irony of a "gun free zone" turning into a bunch of innocent children becoming sitting ducks.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spencerab23
    Top Bottom