• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Will you be at the 2A rally on February 8th?

• Total voters

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Local event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/456894617698254/

National event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

When: Friday, Feb 8th
    Time: 10a-12p (or until people decide to disband)
    Where: South side of the Capitol building.

What: A peaceful gathering of Indiana's 2nd Amendment supporters.

Parking lot/garage info: Parking in Downtown Indianapolis

Legal Details:
    (IANAL) We must stay to the public sidewalks (without blocking them) and obey the law (don't walk in the street; don't jam up crosswalks; don't block access to businesses; don't interfere with vehicular traffic etc). The Statehouse property is off limits to those possessing a firearm, LTCH or not. You do not need an Indiana LTCH to carry a long gun, however, it has been brought up that we are in the vicinity of a Gun Free Zone (Daycare Nursery, 100 N Senate Ave). Knowing this, if you decide to carry a long gun, and do not possess a valid Indiana LTCH, you do so at your own risk.

Event Details:
    The Guns Across America event on Jan 19th went off with great success, but had minimal, and varied, coverage from local media. Hopefully, this event will obtain greater success and greater attention since the Capitol Building will be occupied.

Taking a cue from the Jan 19th rally, we will not be marching, but will instead be having a simple rally and meeting at the same location. Bring your friends, families, neighbors, signs, and conduct yourself in a respectable manner. Help us let our voices be heard.

Attendees are encouraged to carry their firearms. You may choose to carry any legally owned firearm you wish and are properly licensed to carry. It is requested that all long guns be slung in a safe direction (given that there are buildings of multiple floors adjacent to the rally point, muzzle down is preferred). Sidearms may be carried as you normally would (OC or CC) if properly licensed to do so. Please ensure they are in a safe condition and properly stored in a holster.

As representatives of the gun owner community being put in the spotlight, it will be IMPERATIVE for you to set a proper example of safe, law abiding gun owners. This is not the time to show off and pass around your firearms. The last thing we want is a negligent discharge and someone to end up in the hospital.

Also, please spell check your signs. :):

http://youtu.be/G80tRM6m7KM

Here is a graphic with all pertinent details. Please share it on Facebook and Twitter. Also, feel free to print it out and post it at your local gun stores and the Sporting Goods sections of your local establishments.

386980_10151211854866851_1686956860_n.jpg

Last edited:

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    MAC posted this on Facebook, and I thought I would share it on here to gain more support.

https://www.facebook.com/events/406312512782872/

Feb 8th, 10a-12p.

Does anyone know if we need to file for a permit to gather?

I do believe it is illegal to carry on the Capitol's property, and the police don't like the sidewalk to be blocked. Plan accordingly.

What ever happened to the 1st Amendment? Are we not supposed to be able to peaceably protest whenever or wherever we want to? This does not seem like Liberty to me...

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    We did a 2A "walk" a couple of years ago, just had to inform IMPD, "for protection", had to stay on sidewalk. Might depend on how many people show up ..... I'm in, if available .....

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    lesson learned from the illegal immigration protests a few years back... everyone needs to show up in business casual or better. Because they will photograph the most redneck looking people they can find and they will become the poster child of their campaign and splashed on dailykos and every other libtard blog.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Can someone local to the area post up a source that says if we need a permit or not to "peacefully assemble" ?

Not sure where to look. I did some googling last night but didn't find much.

Also, is Fenway OK if we sport some INgo swag ? :)

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    Can someone local to the area post up a source that says if we need a permit or not to "peacefully assemble" ?

Not sure where to look. I did some googling last night but didn't find much.

Also, is Fenway OK if we sport some INgo swag ? :)
    I had the same luck. I found the code, but didn't really find anything in it for small, mass gatherings that only last a couple hours and are not an event that require food, toilets, etc.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    lesson learned from the illegal immigration protests a few years back... everyone needs to show up in business casual or better.
    I was thinking the same thing.

The debate is now whether to carry firearms and, if so, what to carry. Some say to carry long guns since they're under attack, and others are saying it will be taken the complete wrong way if we do so.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    These events are a matter of perception. Those who have ill intentions will seek a means to interpret things in the false light no matter what. So, there becomes a point of diminishing return. Do what you can to ensure the event is as clean as possible, don't do anything completely stupid, and be ready to get slandered. Just like the Occupy Broad Ripple with Guns event last year. The media will always spin it however they wish and people will seek to hurt your cause no matter what you do.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    We went through this with the open-carry walk down at the statehouse a while back. The organizers were assuming they needed a permit but as an ex-LEO I showed them they didn't need one.

As long as you're simply utilizing public sidewalks (without blocking them) and obey the law (don't walk in the street; don't jam up crosswalks; don't block access to businesses; don't interfere with vehicular traffic etc) you don't need a permit to assemble in this way. The goal is to engage in no behavior that would allow an anti to make any legitimate complaint to police upon which they would have to act.

As I advised the open walk folks, if you apply for and receive a permit you also have to accept any restrictions put on your activities by the issuing authorities. That puts the ball in the government's court. You don't want this.

There is nothing wrong with notifying IMPD of your intentions, and I would advise that you do. Should people be carrying and police get calls from alarmist sheeple they have a heads-up on what's going on.

In the previous gig some IMPD accompanied us along the route for the purpose of preventing any confrontation between us and antis. In my LEO command officer days I would have assigned officers to do the same, and this reaction was both expected and welcomed by me. They were friendly and their presence was a non-issue.

It's my understanding you can't carry on statehouse grounds, which is why we walked on the sidewalks surrounding the building.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    We went through this with the open-carry walk down at the statehouse a while back. The organizers were assuming they needed a permit but as an ex-LEO I showed them they didn't need one.

As long as you're simply utilizing public sidewalks (without blocking them) and obey the law (don't walk in the street; don't jam up crosswalks; don't block access to businesses; don't interfere with vehicular traffic etc) you don't need a permit to assemble in this way. The goal is to engage in no behavior that would allow an anti to make any legitimate complaint to police upon which they would have to act.

As I advised the open walk folks, if you apply for and receive a permit you also have to accept any restrictions put on your activities by the issuing authorities. That puts the ball in the government's court. You don't want this.

There is nothing wrong with notifying IMPD of your intentions, and I would advise that you do. Should people be carrying and police get calls from alarmist sheeple they have a heads-up on what's going on.

In the previous gig some IMPD accompanied us along the route for the purpose of preventing any confrontation between us and antis. In my LEO command officer days I would have assigned officers to do the same, and this reaction was both expected and welcomed by me. They were friendly and their presence was a non-issue.

It's my understanding you can't carry on statehouse grounds, which is why we walked on the sidewalks surrounding the building.

Those acts are also a ploy (matter of perception) to have an appearance of LEO as a group, so that it detracts from the educational value of the meeting's intent. Bystanders see hundred people with guns, they get scared and/or curious to learn. Other hand; they see a few uniformed LEOs with them, they assume they're all cops and go on about their day. Thus providing no education or attention to the issue that is intended to be addressed.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Those acts are also a ploy (matter of perception) to have an appearance of LEO as a group, so that it detracts from the educational value of the meeting's intent. Bystanders see hundred people with guns, they get scared and/or curious to learn. Other hand; they see a few uniformed LEOs with them, they assume they're all cops and go on about their day. Thus providing no education or attention to the issue that is intended to be addressed.

You're reading intent in IMPD's actions that wasn't there. And I can assure you that no one observing our group could have mistaken us for LEOs. A good deal of education took place, via both personal conversations and literature.

There ARE times when LEOs are simply fulfilling their responsibility to maintain public order. This was one of those times.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    You're reading intent in IMPD's actions that wasn't there. And I can assure you that no one observing our group could have mistaken us for LEOs. A good deal of education took place, via both personal conversations and literature.

There ARE times when LEOs are simply fulfilling their responsibility to maintain public order. This was one of those times.
    :yesway::yesway:

Not reading intent. Merely just deriving potential alternative interpretations by surrounding public.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    With planning and foresight, you control the public's perception. We did so on this walk.
    Not always. When there are those who have an intent on hindering your cause, they will dig in and find a way. Just look at your events compared to that of the "Occupy Broad Ripple with Guns" last winter. Good intentions, well thought out, but commandeered by those wishing to further their own agendas and hurt others'.

The media controls the public's perception.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Looks like the last one that was organized was back in 2010
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ndiana_second_amendment_march_is_now_set.html

Here is the AAR for it.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../86880-second_amendment_march_aar_thread.html

SavageEagle (INGO member) ran that one and they posted pics of what they did (not sure if in that thread).

I have PMed him to see if he replies here as he is no longer active on this board. I know they made flyers that they handed out to people as well.

The flyers can be found here:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...indiana_legal_open_carry_day.html#post1329781

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I will be there and try to bring along some Morgan Co. folks.

Id love to come but dont think I can get out of work.

I see we are neighbors, If you wouldnt mind picking up a bunch of flyers or any other sort of info that is at the rally and bringing it by my shop Ill hand them out. Ill PM you the info if you are willing.

Top Bottom