• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Muncie
    I guess raping civil liberties is a form of affecting the wellbeing of millions of Americans.

For him, this is a relatively mild sound bite. He often sounds much more ridiculous.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    Pfft, that's only an excerpt from his press release. They left out the part where he said they'll use executive orders to pass this load of garbage if there's any resistance. I wish this was the good ole days where puerile could have a man impeached fir this kind of talk.

brew45

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 13, 2012
    Why can't he be impeached? This talk about banning guns is treasonous at best...Where are those who wanted to impeach Clinton, Bush, and Nixon? Why can't this be done to this president? Just because he leads a mass of emotional sensationalists doesn't mean he's above the law.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Just impeached? Not enough. I say they need to be jailed and then hung for treason for all of the Obama Regime. If it was good enough for the Nazis for their crimes, it is good enough for Obama's Regime and their crimes.

Oh? Do I sound a little miffed? Well, yes I am.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    Well, the thing on the executive order is this. They CANNOT create a law from nothing. PER the Supreme Court an Executive order can ONLY modify an existing law, back in the day Truman tried to put all steel mills under govt control but was told it was unconstitutional and had to desist. Also, it's important to point out that Congress can strike down an Executive order as well as the Supreme Court, so there are ways to put a stop to it. Anyway, what you're most likely looking at is one of the following scenarios.

1. Adds weapons to NFA list forcing registration.(what I think is most likely)
    2. Lets Congress pass a scaled down AWB or maybe even a magazine capacity restriction and beefs it up afterwards.
    3. Finds some older law on the books possibly obscure that no one remembers and modifies that one to enact a true ban.

It might be worthwhile looking into all currently existing and operating federal gun laws to see where modification might be able to be used to effect a ban, registration, or in general cause more pain for all of us law abiding citizens.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    Why can't he be impeached? This talk about banning guns is treasonous at best...Where are those who wanted to impeach Clinton, Bush, and Nixon? Why can't this be done to this president? Just because he leads a mass of emotional sensationalists doesn't mean he's above the law.

Can you just imagine the outrage if a "bunch of rich old white guys" tried to impeach our imperious leader? What racism!

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

I believe the House must vote to impeach then the Senate is tasked with the trial. Since everyone knows that Reid and the Senate would not take the matter seriously and perform their duties, the House probably won't do it because they fear public backlash on a scale much greater than what happened under Clinton.
    Plus, Obama isn't doing this stuff himself, he is using underlings who will never admit they were given instructions by BO. There is a long line of people just waiting for the next bus to jump under for him.

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    He can issue all kinds of EOs to his lackys and they will enforce them until sued and the SCOTUS rules on them. Depending on the SCOTUS make up and which way Roberts swings thisn time we could be in trouble. That could take a year or better.

Top Bottom