7000 "assault rifles" for DHS for "personal defense".

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MightySanta

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Mishawaka
    Yeah I saw this. Funny how they change the names and figures for whatever best benefits them.

Come on people, what does that spell out for you?

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Wow, Just Wow. If this doesn't shed light on the .gov true agenda for you, your hopeless. Course those of us tin foil hatters have known things were way wrong for some time.

These ARE truly ASSAULT RIFLES that are being put on the streets, when the left says there should be none!

Now I noticed that this was thought up in June of last year, but have not found the release date of the completed bid notice. That would be an interesting piece of information.

Last edited:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    PDWs vs ARs:
    In the war of words (all too often owned by the anti's) this may be a very effective new weapon.
    I hate to say this, but, thanks Janet.

http://www.examiner.com/article/government-procurement-reveals-hypocrisy-on-assault-weapon-terminology

I intend to use it exclusivly from now on.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/01/26/if-assault-weapons-are-bad-why-does-the-dhs-want-to-buy-7000-of-them-for-personal-defense/

Technically an M16 or M4 is a PDW (personal defense weapon) as are pistols. The real offensive weapon is the squad, especially armed with grenades and mortars. It is the explosives that do the damage, even machine guns are there mostly to suppress enemy fire. If you are going up against an enemy, individual weapons (PDWs) are not enough. It takes heavy weapons and explosives to be "offensive".

Thus we need to stop referring to semi auto rifles as "assault rifles" (ARs). Rather they are personal defense weapons (PDWs).

Top Bottom