• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I live in the Mishawaka/South Bend area and am trying to find a ride to the march in Indianapolis on the 8th. I am currently without a vehicle and have no means of getting there. I work 2 jobs and managed to convince both of my bosses to let me have the day off to go so it would be a shame to miss it. I have gone so far as to call taxi companies for prices and they are all in the $350 - $400 price range for a 1 way trip. I am willing to pay gas money and buy your lunch in exchange for the ride to and back from.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    BTT, 81 views no responses. Desperation is beginning to set in. I have offered gas and lunch, I have offered flat out payment and in a certain case I have even offered a free gun....its beginning to look like I'm gonna miss the march yet again

~Jeff~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I live in Fort Wayne and I'm not even sure if I'm going to be able to go yet so I unfortunately am not much help. Surely there is someone from your area that could help you out.

Good luck man

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    OP, have you considered renting a car?

Typically, a rental can be had for $35/day.

I'm still on the fence if I'm going to go or not.. My boss 'denied' my request for the day off work. If I do go, it would be a last minute decision on my end. (I'm a wimp, what can I say LOL)

If you are unable to find a deal on a car rental, PM me and I can arrange for a discounted rate for the day for you. If I do go, I will need to rent a car (my wife needs my van and my truck isn't up for the trip). Also, if I do go, and you haven't found a ride by then, you're more than welcome to ride along in trade for whatever you feel is fair.

I don't want to get hope up yet though. I would just call in 'sick' or something (I haven't called in sick once in the almost 2 yrs that I've worked where I do) but we are rolling out some new software this week and they 'really need me there' <rolls eyes>..

I will ask around as well and see if anyone I know can offer a ride in the event I cannot make it. Will PM if I stumble across anything.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Ok I have been posting on facebook all week that I would pay $100 and gas and lunch and still no takers. I have to let my boss know thursday if I am going to work or not so daddymikey1975 if you decide that you are going before thursday afternoon/evening let me know and I'll pay you what I have been trying to pay people on FB. If not I'll just have to stay in town and work so my boss can have the night off.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If I lived up that way I'd give you a ride but that's like 3+ hours one-way. I'd spend 12 hours going and coming back twice. I'm shocked nobody else from the area is coming down...

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    A round trip ticket on Greyhound Coach (leave from South Bend Airport) is about $94 with online purchase. However, with their schedule, you would have to come down on Thursday to make it in time for the rally.

Check out a couple other bus lines. Try Trailways.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    There's a bus line called Hoosier Ride that leaves from South Bend Airport and goes to Indy. Round trip ticket is $78. Leaves South Bend at 7:45 and arrives in Indy at 10:45. That should get you there in time for the rally.

Ride home is the long one, it leaves Indy at 5:25 pm and gets back to South Bend airport at 1:20am on Saturday morning.

If you choose this option, you might be able to find someone willing to pick you up and take you back to the bus station at Indy. I don't know if I can make it yet on Friday. But if I do go, I would be happy to pick you up and drop you off in Indy.

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    The bus companies will not allow you to board carrying firearms or protest signs and if I walk into the airport with either I will likely be detained by the TSA

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    The bus companies will not allow you to board carrying firearms or protest signs and if I walk into the airport with either I will likely be detained by the TSA

They most likely wouldn't have a sense of humor when you tell them to pound sand LOL.

I hate that it will be a last minute decision for me, but I need to decide if I'm going to call in sick or not. I might ask my boss tomorrow again if I can take the day off since the software rollout is going smoothly..

After all, I NEED to call in on Feb 20th for an interview LMFAO

RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    I will be waiting to hear the results of how your convo with your boss goes, I have all my signs ready just have to go to copymax and have em printed. didnt want to spend the money to do it until I am sure if I will be there or not

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You can go into the airport with both, you just can't go past TSA (i.e to the secured parts of the airport). You an OC all day long in the airport so long as you don't try to enter a secured area past TSA.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    I will be waiting to hear the results of how your convo with your boss goes, I have all my signs ready just have to go to copymax and have em printed. didnt want to spend the money to do it until I am sure if I will be there or not

I should know by lunch if they're going to be ok with it. I'll be in at 6:30am and have an opportunity to 'reason' with them. I'll report back when I get lunch

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Not gonna be able to make the trip. My boss is being a douche nozzle. The gross part after being removed from .. well.. never mind. You get the idea.

Sorry man. Just wanted to let you know as soon as I could.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    I feel terrible for you... I can't imagine no one from up there is coming down?! Come on INGO!!! Wish I wasn't so far from you.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I thought I saw someone from FtWayne coming down. Would it be possible to catch a bus there instead of all the way to Indy? Check the rally thread & PM him.

Top Bottom