• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    On Wednesday, the Department of Homeland Security, along with a SWAT team and Bernalillo County sheriff’s deputies raided the home of Robert Adams in Albuquerque, New Mexico and, according to a federal search warrant affidavit the raid seized nearly 1,500 firearms from the man’s home and business. However, no charges have been filed against him, despite the fact that court documents reveal that agents had been watching Adams for years.

DHS Raids Gun Collector - Confiscates Nearly 1,500 Guns

Feds seized nearly 1,500 guns in raid

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEmimIPIBME[/ame]

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    If he broke the law then he deserves getting the hammer dropped on him but what I don't like is the questions and the lack of facts by the news agency reporting. We should demand fairness and facts by the news agencies, because they makes us all look bad.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    But the school is so close by! That makes it even more dangerous! LMAO. Sounds like he might have been illegally importing? But I agree, If he can't be charged on what legal grounds can they confiscate his stuff? Not a lawyer. Where is Kirk?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Investigated, watched, seized, but not charged or arrested?

One neighbor who did not want to be identified said it was a shock.

“I didn’t really see the guns but from a distance," the neighbor said. "I saw them being pulling them out into the front yard.

“Its very scary in the fact that the school is so close by makes it seem even more dangerous.”

They just can't help themselves, can they?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    No charges filed...yet. That's not unusual in a large or complex investigation. Let's say for the sake of argument that some of the guns are stolen or imported illegally. How long do you think it takes to process and catalog all of that evidence? To compare it to stolen records? To type up a probable cause affidavit for an arrest warrant? If you outright arrest him, you are working against a ticking clock to get that done. If you don't charge him yet, you've got time to work and then file the warrant.

Remember the explosion on Indy's southside? Several warrants were served and evidence seized prior to charges being filed.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    No charges filed...yet. That's not unusual in a large or complex investigation. Let's say for the sake of argument that some of the guns are stolen or imported illegally. How long do you think it takes to process and catalog all of that evidence? To compare it to stolen records? To type up a probable cause affidavit for an arrest warrant? If you outright arrest him, you are working against a ticking clock to get that done. If you don't charge him yet, you've got time to work and then file the warrant.

Remember the explosion on Indy's southside? Several warrants were served and evidence seized prior to charges being filed.

I don't care as to what law requires - the second government takes something from someone, it had better be with due recompense and due process of law. We fought wars over less than this.

johnny45

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Witness how quickly we are devolving into a police state.

Abolishment of DHS is LONG overdue.

-Rogue-

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    The fact of the matter here (assuming our legal system will work as advertised) is that a law enforcement agency had to go before a judge to get a warrant prior to search & seizure.

When he fights the case, the cause for the warrant will have to be examined and subject to further legal rulings.

On a case potentially this big, it is not likely that the warrant was given out quickly or easily. No impartial judge wants to put their name on the dotted line and be embarrassed later on this scale.

With that said, if it was given out incorrectly, it will be a real shame to have to fight it and incur all those legal expenses not to mention the headache of getting all the property returned (given the new Executive Order, he will likely have to pay for a background check for each firearm which is BS...).

My assumption would be that if they were in fact all legal and above-board, the NRA, GOA or similar organization will fight with him or on his behalf.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't care as to what law requires - the second government takes something from someone, it had better be with due recompense and due process of law. We fought wars over less than this.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Sure looks like the founding fathers said we could seize things with a warrant. I don't see anything about immediate charges or recompense. If you don't care what the law requires, do you care what the Constitution says?

atalon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    Indy
    :: pure speculation:: I would guess that if he got busted like this but no formal charges were filed then they are using him to get to people they think are more dangerous. ::/end pure speculation::

The only thing that makes me think otherwise is the news coverage. If it was only local then the above may be true. If it went nation wide then I doubt it. :dunno:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Is the warrant public information? It would be interesting to see the probable cause for issuance of the warrant.

The article references things in the warrant, so it would appear the author has it.

I don't know about federal warrants, but I can tell you what happens with a local one. When I serve one locally the "return", which shows what, if anything, I seized, along with the original warrant and a probable cause redacted to remove any civilian witness information is filed with the court clerk's office. Since I have to redact civilian's names, it stands to reason that they are public information.

Top Bottom