• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RabbleRouser

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 24, 2011
    Mishawaka
    got several responses from my Ruger take action letters today...

first from Jackie Walorski ...

Dear Mr. RabbleRouser:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your thoughts on gun control proposals. I appreciate you taking the time to inform me of your opinion on this important issue.

Recently, there has been much debate in Washington about gun control legislation. Much of this debate focuses solely on creating new gun laws, but new legislation is not the solution. If we are serious about reducing gun violence in America we need to enforce gun laws already in place.

I am a strong supporter of the Constitution and believe in an individual’s right to bear arms—as laid out in the Second Amendment. Congress should take a step-by-step bipartisan approach to preventing gun violence in our communities. Any action taken by Congress must strike a balance to protect the rights of responsible Americans, while making sure we keep guns out of the hands of those who intend to harm others.

Please know that there is no greater honor than serving the people of Northern Indiana. As Congress and the public continue to debate over gun control policies, rest assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Sincerely,

Jackie Walorski
    Member of Congress

Next was from Joe Donnelly ...

Dear Mr. RabbleRouser,

I am a supporter of the Second Amendment, and I have voted to protect the rights of law-abiding gun owners. Like all Americans, I was shaken to my core by the senseless murders of 20 children in Newtown, Connecticut. It is only reasonable for all of us to consider ways to reduce the likelihood of a tragedy like that happening again.

Whether a gun owner or not, a Democrat or a Republican, everyone would agree that we can take steps to reduce violent crime without sacrificing the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding citizens. My concern is not those who follow the law, but those who do not. For this reason, I will not support legislation that would ban the sale of assault weapons to those who obey the law. I will, however, give serious consideration to proposals that would keep guns out of the hands of criminals and the mentally ill, while preserving the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding gun owners.

It is a privilege to represent you and all Hoosiers in the U.S. Senate. Your continued correspondence is welcome and helps me to better represent our state. I encourage you to write, call, or email if my office can ever be of assistance. You can also check out my Facebook page and follow me on Twitter by visiting my website .

got one from Mike Pence as I was putting this thread together ...

Dear Mr. RabbleRouser,

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for gun rights. It was a pleasure to hear from you.

We are in agreement that Congress and State law should support the constitutional right of law-abiding citizens to keep and bear arms. On June 26, 2008, our nation was presented with a significant legal victory when the Supreme Court upheld what I believe was the true intent of our founding fathers by ruling in Heller v District of Columbia that the Second Amendment confers an individual right to handgun ownership for purposes of self-defense.

In many ways, excessive gun control is as illogical as it is unconstitutional. Too much gun control can leave law-abiding citizens defenseless while doing very little to keep firearms out of the hands of criminals. After all, people who are not deterred by laws against murder will not be deterred by laws that say you cannot have a gun.

Under the belief that firearms in the hands of law-abiding citizens result in less, not more, crime, I will continue working to protect your constitutional right to gun ownership. I appreciate your input into this important matter and will keep your views in mind the next time that I am presented with legislation involving the rights of gun owners.

Again, thank you for contacting me. It is an honor to serve as Governor and have the benefit of your advice. If you would like more information on this or any other issue, please visit my website at Governor Pence: Home .

Sincerely,

Mike Pence

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    Very pleased with Mike Pence's response, followed by Jackie Walorski's as well.

I am skeptical of Mr. Donnelly.. left himself some 'easy outs' if you will.

Thanks for sharing :)

Bane_FTW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Wabash County
    Jackie sent me one today too.

Dear Mr. Bane_FTW:

Thank you for contacting me regarding your thoughts on gun control proposals. I appreciate you taking the time to inform me of your opinion on this important issue.

Recently, there has been much debate in Washington about gun control legislation. Much of this debate focuses solely on creating new gun laws, but new legislation is not the solution. If we are serious about reducing gun violence in America we need to enforce gun laws already in place.

I am a strong supporter of the Constitution and believe in an individual’s right to bear arms—as laid out in the Second Amendment. Congress should take a step-by-step bipartisan approach to preventing gun violence in our communities. Any action taken by Congress must strike a balance to protect the rights of responsible Americans, while making sure we keep guns out of the hands of those who intend to harm others.

Please know that there is no greater honor than serving the people of Northern Indiana. As Congress and the public continue to debate over gun control policies, rest assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind.

Sincerely,
    walorskisig.JPG

Jackie Walorski
    Member of Congress

JW/AB

jd42k

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I received the same letters from Congresswoman Walorski on 2/11 and Senator Donnelly on 2/12.

We need to keep the pressure on with Obama using puppets during his state of the union address to push his agenda.

Top Bottom