• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    The state's request for an en banc review of the 7th circuit of appeals is DENIED! The state can still appeal to USSC but there are reasons not to do this so we will have to wait and see.

12-1269_003.pdf
    In case anyone wants to read the discent. Today I am a happy man. Jim.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Nice.

I like how the dissenting judges want to use the incompetence of the NY police last year against private citizens.

In so many public settings, carrying and using firearms
    present lethal risks to innocent bystanders. Yet when
    people go about their daily lives in public places, they
    have no choice about whether to consent to the dangers
    posed by firearms in public. We can all choose whether
    to visit homes where firearms are present.

To illustrate the dangers posed by lawful use of
    firearms in public, consider a deadly confrontation on
    the streets of New York City in August 2012, when
    police confronted an armed man who had just shot and
    killed another man. The police officers were well trained
    in both how to shoot and when to shoot and not shoot.
    The officers fatally shot the gunman, but the officers’
    many shots also wounded nine bystanders

JT Meeks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Good for the law abiding citizens of Illinois. Hopefully some day soon they will be able to exercise their right to personal protection from the criminal element that in running wild in the state thanks to Cook County and their lack of ability to get this problem under control, or lack of willingness to even try.

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    Congrats. But I see more appeals and long arguments when the law is written and enacted. I have a feeling that Chicago will not go along and this will wind up back in court. The criminal elements both in the Chicago Government and out will fight. Corruption in Cook County as a long history dating back to and even before Capone.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I have a feeling that Chicago will not go along and this will wind up back in court

I realize this sounds wrong, but that is exactly what we need.

Chicago will be the anvil of victory. We need to beat on it until it is bled white from a lack of blood (money).

Last edited:

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Congrats. But I see more appeals and long arguments when the law is written and enacted. I have a feeling that Chicago will not go along and this will wind up back in court. The criminal elements both in the Chicago Government and out will fight. Corruption in Cook County as a long history dating back to and even before Capone.

I thought the proposed bill included state preemption? Let them fight it, no way they will win.

dwain

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Along the Wabash
    One more hurdle cleared. Who knows what they will try next. I can see concealed carry coming to us, but we still have to continue writing and calling out representatives. Brandon Phelps who wrote the bill they are trying to pass is my representative.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Iirc the federal court struck the I'll law and said either pass a new law or by a certain point timeframe I'll has no law so oc/cc is legal with no requirement correct? If so when is that date?

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    As long as nothing stops or resets the 180 day clock the date will be June 9th. We have a good bill in HB997 that has been approved and partialy written by the NRA. But there are still worries. Speaker of the house Mike Madigan; gun hater crook and powerful tyrant, has ruled "our" bill will take a super majority 71 votes. This is because it will preempt home rule for Chicago and crook county. Madigan has his own New York may issue and it will only take 60 votes to pass. His bill will be voted on before our bill and if his gets passed we will be screwed. Madigan is also the head of the democratic party in Illinois and controls much of the campaign money across the state. If I ever decide to move it will be to Indiana. Jim.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks for the update Iam familair with the name madigan. So in essences you guys are screwed. =(
    The chicago machine is the last and strongest machine in the nation. It will be a cold day in hell if they don't get what they want.

Top Bottom