• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sidewinder27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Plainfield
    It is good to see an officer be able to be honest about other officers. I have a friend on the local sheriffs department. He still gives me hope that there are still good officers who do the job to help people and actually cares about the people he comes into contact with even if he is arresting them.

Even the worst perp should be treated fair. Its their right as an American.

Scuba591

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    Noblesville
    Thanks for the article. I found it an interesting read. Things do get complicated with the overseas location... but the standard should apply here in the states.

roisigns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Oct 5, 2011
    cincy
    I'm concerned that a similar scenario could evolve here in the U.S. with the excuse "I was just following orders."

Last edited:

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    The most telling part of the article is how the good cops, including the author, went along with it anyway because "our livelihood depended on following orders". NO ONE stood up for the people and put a stop to it.

That makes me think, despite the police officers who claim they will never confiscate guns from citizens, that 99.99% will "follow orders" anyway.

Once the system is corrupt, it corrupts everyone.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The most telling part of the article is how the good cops, including the author, went along with it anyway because "our livelihood depended on following orders". NO ONE stood up for the people and put a stop to it.

That makes me think, despite the police officers who claim they will never confiscate guns from citizens, that 99.99% will "follow orders" anyway.

Once the system is corrupt, it corrupts everyone.

Once it's made legal they will be able to avoid any moral conundrums as they didn't make the decision and they are just following the law etc. The young ones coming up will do what they are told and the older ones will have too much invested to not do what they are told.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Once it's made legal they will be able to avoid any moral conundrums as they didn't make the decision and they are just following the law etc. The young ones coming up will do what they are told and the older ones will have too much invested to not do what they are told.
    That which is moral is not always legal. That which is legal is not always moral. They are not synonyms.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    But a senior American officer listened to me with a disinterested expression and said, “Look man, it’s legal here. So I don’t have a problem with it.”

Says the guy that will doing the doing rather than being on the receiving end of it.

This attitude is not limited to law enforcement. Just because something is not illegal, doesn't mean one shouldn't regulate him/herself.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2009
    Dyer
    But their jobs and livelihood, like mine, depended on following those orders.-

This is the reason, here in black and white, why officers and troops WILL confiscate firearms AND shoot American Citizens when the time comes.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    QUOTE: "We have a well known, easily understood set of facts regarding mass shootings. We know, without question, that a mass murderer who faces no resistance will kill as many people as possible, as quickly as possible. We know most mass shooters will keep killing until they’re forced to stop. We know police won’t respond in time. And yet, some people take that set of facts and conclude that no private citizen should act to defend themselves."

Sign of the times, aint it?:dunno:

Top Bottom