Why aren't Gun Stores "politically active"...?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJMD429

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    OK - I went to several gun shops today with yet another of my 'letters to politicians'. The reason I did this is that I hear MANY gun owners say that there are several reasons they aren't politically active:

• 1. "I don't have time" :roll: - well, I wrote the letter FOR you...

2. "I am not a good letter writer" :roll: - again, I wrote a letter FOR you - re-word parts if you want...

3. "I don't know my legislator's addresses" :roll: - well, I list them here FOR you...

Of course, most 'gun owners' would just prefer to spend their time watching television or playing with their guns, and/or spend their money just buying more stuff... :evil:

Anyway - here's the material I provided to several gun stores locally, but all but one of the stores met me with the attitude of "We just don't have the time to do this" (what - no 'time' to tape this information to your counter-top, and maybe make some photocopies to hand out...???), or "We don't want to 'offend' anyone by being 'political' - we just want to sell guns" (Huh - you mean you don't care about the safety of your streets, the stability of your nation, and you don't realize the guns you sell won't be sellable if all this goes down...???).

Here's what I did for the lazy-butt 'gun owners' who might come in and spend money at those stores...

Legislative Information

General [if you do this project locally, use 'capwiz' on the GunOwners.org' website to collect YOUR legislator's information for THE LAZY-BUTT 'gun owners' you are trying to awaken from their apathy...]
    Federal Senator IN - Dan Coats – R

GOA contact page: take-action
    Email: take-action
    DC Address
    Senator Dan Coats
    493 Russell Senate Office Building
    District of Columbia 20510-1404
    DC Phone: (202) 224-5623
    DC Fax: (202) 228-1820
    Indy Address:
    Senator Dan Coats
    10 West Market Street, 1650 Market Tower
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    Indy Phone: (317) 554-0750
    Indy Fax: (317) 554-0760

Federal Senator IN - Joe Donnelly – D

DC Address:
    Senator Joe Donnelly
    B33 Russell Senate Office Building
    District of Columbia 20515
    DC Phone: (202) 224-8414
    DC Fax: (202) 224-5011
    Indy Address:
    Indy Phone:
    Indy Fax:

State Governor IN - Mike Pence – R

Indy Address:
    Governor Mike Pence
    State Capitol
    Indianapolis, IN 46204-2797
    Phone: (317) 232-4567
    Fax: (317) 232-3443

Local City (omitted here)

Indianapolis (biggest nearby city)

Federal Representative (district 7) - Andre Carson - D
    GOA Contact Page: take-action
    DC Address:
    Representative Andre Carson
    2453 Rayburn House Office Building
    District of Columbia 20515-1407
    DC Phone: (202) 225-4011
    DC Fax: (202) 225-5633
    Indy Address:
    Representative Andre Carson
    300 East Fall Creek Parkway North Drive, #300
    Indianapolis, IN 46205
    Indy Phone: (317) 283-6516
    Indy Fax: (317) 283-6567

State Senate (district 36) - Brent Waltz - R
    Address:
    Senator Brent Waltz
    State House
    Indianapolis, IN 46204
    Phone: (317) 232-9400
    Fax:

State Representative (district 93) - David Frizzell - R
    Website: Indiana House of Representatives Republican Caucus: State Representative David Frizzell - Home
    Address:
    Representative David Frizzell
    State House
    Indianapolis, IN 46204-2786
    Phone: (317) 232-9600
    Fax:
    Along with this sample 'letter to your legislator':

Dear Public Servant,

In case you still support “background checks” - you need to realize a few things:

• 1. THEY DO NOT WORK – there is NO evidence that “background checks” reduce crime, period. Voting for 'background checks' just to earn a few votes from ignorant, hoplophobic voters, is not appropriate. We both know that despite the national-panic induced by the news-media, overall violent crime is decreasing, even including the occasional and awful 'school-shootings' enabled by federal 'gun-free school-zones' laws. Knowing all this - why would you 'experiment' so dangerously with public safety..?

2. Background checks have repeatedly been misused by our own government to create a 'registration database', which have been repeatedly misused by our own government to later confiscate firearms, when (predictably) there is no reduction in crime. Are you ok with this...?

3. Genocide currently is causing around 5,000 innocent people to die per day in countries whose 'progressive' gun laws have led to confiscation of firearms. It may be unpleasant to think about, but there is no way to stop genocide without widespread civilian ownership of firearms, the best of which to repel genocide being the 'military-style' ones. (Don't you find it fascinating that THOSE are the ones government wants to prohibit, when they are not the ones most involved in crime...an intelligent voter can't help but wonder if there is another, unstated agenda.)

4. Some say 'Genocide would never happen in the U.S.' - the German citizens thought the same thing in the 1930's when they elected charismatic Adolph Hitler on his platform of 'reducing violence', too. (By the way, why is the DHS purchasing billions of rounds of ammunition that is 'non-military' – i.e. only allowed to be used on non-military, 'civilian' targets.. ?)

“BACKGROUND CHECKS” are thus DANGEROUS and INEFFECTIVE – do NOT support them...!!!

GunControlKillsPicture.jpg

REMEMBER – 'Compromise' is NOT acceptable when lives are at stake...!!!

For good measure, in my OWN letters, I enclosed the following two pictures...

MilitaryStyleWeaponsandChildren_zpsf662de0e.jpg

TwoWaystoShieldYourselffromViolentAttack.jpg

I hope and pray that at least one percent of the 80 million 'gun owners' in this lazy and apathetic and selfish, but once-proud and independent nation, actually get OFF THEIR BUTTS and do something....NOW...!!!

Unfortunately, if today's experience is any indication, around the nation our 'gun stores' are NOT encouraging patrons to be politically active, and not very many of them are even passively displaying any 'pro-gun' materials, let alone talking-them-up as would be needed to get the lazy-butts to do anything. Only one of the five places I went acted as if they'd even display the legislative contact information, much less the 'sample letter', and with only passive display, I'd expect less than one percent of patrons to pick up on the idea and write because they saw something taped to the checkout counter.

Moral of the story - DON'T COUNT ON "OTHERS" to do your job for you - ESPECIALLY 'gun shops' and their patrons. We need to do it ourselves, if it is to get done, and THIS WEEK is a critical one.

Unfortunately, most 'gun owners' are asleep-at-the-wheel, and their 'political activism' will consist of griping about what happened after-the-fact... :evil:

Please encourage your friends and relatives and other 'gun owners' to turn off the television and do something useful to earn their citizenship... :!:

Do you think the American 'gun owners' are going to just sit by and accept the UN gun control just like they DID with the 1968 GCA and all the other such legislation...? I think they will, because they are apathetic. :(

INTERVIEW: Texas AG Greg Abbott Says UN Arms Treaty Could Be ‘Backdoor Mechanism’ for Federal Gov’t to Impose Gun Control Laws | Fox News Insider

Proposed U.N. Treaty to Regulate Global Firearms Trade Raising Concerns for U.S. Gun Makers | Fox News

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above took place a couple weeks ago - on returning to the various stores, only one had the letter taped to the counter, and one shop owner actually told me he felt "background checks are good and save lives", and one of his employees told me later that the owner commented that "besides, if everyone has to come to an FFL for us to do a background check, that will be lots of revenue for us..."

WHY AREN'T GUN SHOPS MORE POLITICALLY ACTIVE...??? MANY DON'T EVEN SEEM VERY "PRO-GUN"...!!!

Last edited:

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    As my wife(ex),and I have been working(volunteering)for the NRA for over 40 years I(we),have heard about every excuse there is------

"I dont vote,because I dont want to be picked for Jury Duty"

From 2 gun shops--" I cannot aford to get politicaly involed---it will offend some of my customers"

As NRA reps,we are supposed to keep our cool,and just present "facts"----but,when you run into stupidity---well,I have on ocasion had to walk away,to keep from explaining to them what I think of their mental capacity....

"never let a dog guard your food---or a Government guard your freedom"

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    They probably would offend some of their customers. There are many people right here on INGO that told us over and over before the last election that Obama was the best friend gun owners ever had. They would throw quite the fit if challenged on it. Then they told us that Donnelly was a stalwart defender of the RKBA. So I am sure many of our own members are offended that some of us still think they were wrong on both counts.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Gun stores have customers who are closet gun owners as well as us 2nd amendments gun nuts. They can't be too active politically or they could loss some of their business.
    Any business has to be sensitive to it's customer base and we are not the only customers.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Why would gun stores support us, they stand to make out like bandits if Internet and face to face sales are shut down. Gun stores were behind the 1968 Gun Control Act. Don't expect them to have your back on this.

Top Bottom