• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I think S.649 itself is on the agenda for tomorrow. Today was just the amendments being proposed to it. All were defeated.

Most believe that since the Manchin/Toomey "compromise/sell-out" amendment, which was supposedly bi-partisan, failed that S.649 will also fail when it's finally voted on. S. 649 is the original "Universal Background Check" bill.

rjc2rjc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 2, 2013
    Am i the only one that felt a warm glow of joy inside to see Finklestine so upset?
    At the same time being peaved that she had only 2 minutes to talk and was told her time was up but they let her keep talking for about another minute and a half?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    From GOA:

Here’s what is still left for tomorrow.

Harry Reid’s bill (S. 649) is still on the floor of the Senate, and there are two scheduled votes that will take place tomorrow. Eventually, the Senate will vote on whether to end debate on the bill (known as cloture), but that vote won’t necessarily take place tomorrow. The Senate will need 60 votes to end debate, but if they can’t reach that threshold, the bill effectively dies.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    Am i the only one that felt a warm glow of joy inside to see Finklestine so upset?
    At the same time being peaved that she had only 2 minutes to talk and was told her time was up but they let her keep talking for about another minute and a half?

It was the only time I ever wanted to hear more of her b@t$hit commentary. :popcorn:

Top Bottom