• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Maybe this has been talked about ad nauseum...but someone in the other thread posted this 'poll' up as the reference for where they are getting the 90% number from...

National (US) Poll - April 4, 2013 - Background Checks Could Lead T | Quinnipiac University Connecticut

I looked through it and I throw the BS Flag

53% support stronger gun control in US....(OK...maybe believeable as they didn't dictate for that question WHAT that meant)

59% support a ban on assault weapons. Question is asked kind of funny...but regardless...thats an oddly high number

58% support a ban on magazines containing more than 10 bullets. Interesting again...BUT....digging deeper...

59% in the SOUTH support this ban. Thats odd considering the south is the epicenter for the redneck hick contingent that the left likes to portray as the 'standard' gun owning clinger.
    58% in the west support as well?

Do you support background checks on all gun purchases?
    90-92% around the country...no matter WHAT region...same number. Oddly even across the board.

The university conducting the survey is in Connecticut.

There is some real oddities in that survey...just making me really scratch my head over who was asked. I really wonder if the questions they have listed were what was truly asked.

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    Polls drive me nuts. Ask it the right way and you can get 90% to agree to ban water. The 40% number they throw around is from 93/94 and the real number was something like 35.6%. Not sure how that gets rounded up to 40.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If any one has ever answered a poll the questions are slanted to get the answers they are seeking. Period. My wife answered a poll shortly after I was denied being questioned due to my demographic....republican. She told them she was a raving "D" just to hear the questions. It was slanted towards birth control and so skewed she had to hang up as laughter was interfering.
    Ask who is paying for the poll and you will have your answers.

Top Bottom