• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Ok So I caught an interview this morning on WROI the radio station out of Rochester Indiana. He was on there today talking out of both sides of his mouth about how gun control actually strengthens the 2nd Amend. He said he was all for the 2nd Amend but we need these measures. He actually sounded kinda upset and exasperated in his voice. Like he couldn't believe it failed. It on the web site WROI 92.1 Fm look under interviews

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I hope he is upset due to the letters we are all writing to him expressing our disappointment in his lack of support for us, his constituents and how we will not vote for him in the future.

You are all writing him, correct?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I don't think "we" voted for him the last time. Anyway the sheep who do vote for him won't remember or care 4 yrs. from now.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Ok So I caught an interview this morning on WROI the radio station out of Rochester Indiana. He was on there today talking out of both sides of his mouth about how gun control actually strengthens the 2nd Amend. He said he was all for the 2nd Amend but we need these measures. He actually sounded kinda upset and exasperated in his voice. Like he couldn't believe it failed. It on the web site WROI 92.1 Fm look under interviews
    I would ask him specifically why we "need" these measures? and for any research he's done to support why these specific measures, such as a universal background check would be effective?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I keep hearing about how gun control protects the second amendment and how all of these measures "don't take anyone's guns", but not a single explanation of that bizarre logic.

I think maybe they're taking a cue from an old Christmas cartoon where Alexander Graham Wolf encases all of the childrens' toys in gloopstick to protect them forever, but at the cost of never being able to play with them.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raggedy_Ann_and_Andy_in_The_Great_Santa_Claus_Caper
    Synopsis

Inventor and efficiency expert Alexander Graham Wolf (Les Tremayne), who looks and sounds like Wile E. Coyote, is planning to take over Santa's workshop. Overhearing this, Comet (June Foray), one of Santa's reindeer, asks Raggedy Ann (Foray) and Andy (Daws Butler) and their dog Raggedy Arthur to help her because they're easy to carry and aren't bothered by cold weather.
    At the factory, Alexander is using a machine to encase all the toys in blocks of a transparent and unbreakable substance called gloopstik, to ensure that they'll last forever (even though the children won't be able to play with them). He then intends to charge the children for the gloopstik-encased toys and become rich.
    Alexander uses his machine to encase Arthur, but when he tries to do so to Ann, Andy takes control of the machine and encases Alexander in a cone-shaped block, with his head sticking out the top. Ann and Andy tell Arthur that they still love him even though he's stuck in gloopstik, and the block disintegrates; the Raggedys realize that love is the one thing that can destroy the gloopstik. Breaking the fourth wall, they ask all the children at home to shout "LOVE," which causes all the gloopstik blocks to fall apart, including the one in which Alexander's trapped. Having learned his lesson, Alexander destroys his machine (by pushing a button that causes it to consume itself) and leaves the workshop, just before Santa (Tremayne) wakes up.
    [ame]http://youtu.be/3d9yTsh92y4[/ame]

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am sure he is upset. It is one thing to **** off your constituents and be on the winning side, it would suck to have pissed them off for nothing.

bottlemaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2013
    Fairmount.in

Who evert the announcer we're wasn't on the side of the 2 Amendment they keep agreeing with him and ask not hard questions. One them used as a examples you could go to arizona and buy a bunch of ar and bring them back to Indiana and turn them into full auto weapons but didn't mention that this against the law and they should be processed why make new laws that won't be follow.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Hopefully all of those who voted for reasons other than the 2nd Amendment will learn from all of this. You get what you ask for.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Only problem is that between then and that particular interview may be gone. The context was the day before on 4-17-13 the Senate vote on gun control measures after Sandy Hook it, fail to pass. He was interviewed by the radio station Ol Joe was exasperated.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Only problem is that between then and that particular interview may be gone. The context was the day before on 4-17-13 the Senate vote on gun control measures after Sandy Hook it, fail to pass. He was interviewed by the radio station Ol Joe was exasperated.

In your OP you mentioned old DC Joe talking out of both sides of his mouth. I sent him an e-mail urging his support of National Reciprocity when it had just passed the House. In reply he took a whole page to talk out of both sides of his mouth and say absolutely nothing.

chevyguy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Not surprised he claimes to be a dem, but heck fire after seeing his latest campaign commercial he a repulican. And who knows he may have found his true calling being a lumber jack

Top Bottom