• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    A guy walking home on his usual daily route caused a citywide manhunt because he had an umbrella in his hands. Somebody thought that they spotted a citizen bearing arms in the USA and called the police.

A manhunt ensued. Police on foot, in vehicles, with dogs, in airplanes, and in helicopters scoured the city. Three schools were locked down.

This poor guy didn't even know he was the target of the manhunt, as helicopters circled overhead, and ironically, lots of guys with rifles looked for him.

The only people allowed to open carry weapons are super-citizens with government clearance.

Man carrying umbrella, not rifle, was on his usual route - Olympia, Washington

Last edited:

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Police stymied by a man with an umbrella.

I'm not sure what bothers me more -- the fact that our country has become a nation of pu**ies, frightened by an umbrella, or that the police spent hours hunting for a man that wasn't even trying to elude them.

Can anyone find the stats on how many thefts, robberies, assaults, and drug deals took place during the time this rediculous manhunt was going on?

I'd look myself, but a guy with a rolled up newspaper just walked past the house. I have to call 911 and go hide in my basement.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Did you ever see the episode of The Three Stooges where Moe, Larry, and Curly are granted control of the city of Olympia, WA? No? Well, not to worry. You just watched the 2013 remake. And it's even more ridiculous than what Moe, Larry, and Curly could have ever imagined in their wildest dreams. How sad. :rolleyes:

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Thankfully we're saved again by the overwhelming police response. Someone might have got their eye poked out by that dangerous umbrella!

The scary thing is that one of these days there is going to be an incident caused by the LE response and innocent people are going to be murdered by police officers for doing nothing but being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I hate to be a conspiracy-theorist but this could be part of the overall "plan" for these things. I'm sure that the next step after that happens will be a call for MORE police powers to "protect innocent lives".

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Thankfully we're saved again by the overwhelming police response. Someone might have got their eye poked out by that dangerous umbrella!
    It's all in good fun until someone loses an eye.

Then everyone has fun looking for the eye.:rockwoot:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Is this an update of March 12th, when it happened? Or have news outlets just been getting around to talking about it? I get confused easily.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Just watch, they'll try to charge the guy with an umbrella with disturbing the peace or inciting panic

Top Bottom