• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Very Cool. Never ordered from Provident Metals but pricing and shipping rates are good so I decided to take a chance and pre-ordered a few.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Been wanting to get into silver. Glad you pointed out these guys. They have much better prices than Apmex, which is where I've been looking, and silver has dropped to boot! Might have to get my feet wet.

Shibby575

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    NE IN
    I just got some headed this way. They're $1 under other 1oz rounds, and shipping is much better than other places. Did you see where it said when they expect to ship?

Mango

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I prefer 10oz bars myself. Coins are looked at as more of a collectible rather than a bullion play. But the coins you listed aren't at an awful price, but a bit more than the spot + I'm willing to pay.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

A ridiculous investment if you ask me. Not that I am against precious metals, I favor them tremendously as a buffer against a turbulent market.

However, the price is what is ridiculous, not the investment itself.

These "Don't Tread on Me" are, for the average investor, selling at $24.47. This is significantly above the current ask of $21.79. I count "significant" as 13.7% cost. This is buying at least 20 ounces, which is not entirely unreasonable.

Link: Live Gold, Silver, Platinum, Palladium Quote Spot Price Chart - Kitco

The price I am quoting is on Sunday evening, June 9th at 2347 hours.

What is unreasonable is paying $2.68 per ounce EXTRA for a commodity when you can often times find it much less expensive to buy locally. I have found that many local stores will be less than $1.50 per ounce above spot and may fall as low as $0.50 per ounce above spot, depending on the store and quantity.

Do not forget that whatever we are investing in it is an INVESTMENT! This means we buy at the LOWEST possible price and sell it at the HIGHEST possible price. Even in a SHTF or TEOTWAWKI situation you don't trade an ounce of silver for just one (1) bullet, you get the most that you can. You know this.

Do not let a cool picture or neat quote that you think is "cool" lull you into wasting money on investing!

Buy Silver! Buy Gold! But buy local at the cheapest rate possible!

Just my :twocents:....;)

Regards,

Doug

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Maybe we want it because it is just a cool medallion? I doubt people are buying this particular piece just to flip it when the market goes up. There are much lower premiums on items that are just meant to be sold.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Maybe we want it because it is just a cool medallion? I doubt people are buying this particular piece just to flip it when the market goes up. There are much lower premiums on items that are just meant to be sold.

This^^^ I ordered a few because they will make an unusual Christmas gift for a few people I know.

Top Bottom