• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I hope and pray they drag thier asses. I cant WAIT to see them be FORCED to enact constitutional carry.

The'll be cleaning up brainmatter off the walls all over the state; not from violence but from the collective heads asploding of the liberals who dont understand why chicago has one of the strictest gun laws yet has some of the highest crime rates in the country. They just dont understand why the criminals dont listen to the laws...

jrm400

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Hobart
    surprise

Chicago runs the prairie state. Plain and simple the Chicago machine is playing chess here. Constitutional carry is not possible as Quinn would sign the bill on his desk if it came to the last second and he had no other moves but that is not likely to happen. The masters of citizen control in office have no intention of allowing any type of carry. I don't know what tactics they will use but I do know we are about to see.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    I hope and pray they drag thier asses. I cant WAIT to see them be FORCED to enact constitutional carry.

this would be a nightmare. It would allow each and every subunit to pass their own laws. as it stands now, the old laws aren't preempted, but new ones cannot be enacted. and while the law isn't nearly as good as Indiana's, Chicago did NOT get special treatment and that is worth something.:):

IL residents didn't get a great bill, but hopefully they can rework it in time (hopefully some reciprocity with IN).

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    If you think about it you will figure out the gang bangers don't want people to be able to protect themselves. They are voting now. In large numbers! Chicago is a toilet bowl swirling down. Pulling the rest of the state with it. Hopefully when the flush is over.... na won't happen.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    this would be a nightmare. It would allow each and every subunit to pass their own laws. as it stands now, the old laws aren't preempted, but new ones cannot be enacted. and while the law isn't nearly as good as Indiana's, Chicago did NOT get special treatment and that is worth something.:):

IL residents didn't get a great bill, but hopefully they can rework it in time (hopefully some reciprocity with IN).
    I simply don't buy the argument that Constitutional Carry in Illinois would be a nightmare. Yes, their FOID card system would still be in effect. Yes, local munis could, and we all know they would, still create a patchwork of BS gun regs that would have the same effect as a defacto gun ban within their borders… So?

The Illinois Democrats in general, and the Chicago Machine in particular, were only drug to the bargaining table because of their heinous gun laws. The longer the Right-wing and the gun-owners in Illinois hold out for all the marbles, the more marbles they will actually get to take home. It will only take a couple of munis, Chicago included, getting taken back to the 7th Circuit woodshed for their particular ordinances restricting ConCarriers in ways X, Y, and Z to get ways X, Y, and Z tossed on the ash heap of history alongside may-issue in the prairie state.

Keep the faith. Hold the line. We can get for our neighbors to the west a better state-wide firearms regulatory environment than even we in Indiana enjoy. State-wide preemption. Shall-issue. No "assault weapons" bans. No magazine limits. Abbreviated no-go zone list. No open-carry limitations.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    I'm not surprised either. If IL gets carry legislation, watch. The process will be long and expensive.

For such a gun hating state, they sure have a lot of gun violence in Chicago. No surprise there, either.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    If you think about it you will figure out the gang bangers don't want people to be able to protect themselves. They are voting now. In large numbers! Chicago is a toilet bowl swirling down. Pulling the rest of the state with it. Hopefully when the flush is over.... na won't happen.

I call BS.
    Plenty of Demorats in East St. Louis, Champaign, Peoria, Joliet, Carbondale, Moline .

They infest the whole state.

Lots of farmers living off the government teat.

To say Chicago controls Il. is total BS.

Chicago - population

2,707,120 (2011)

Il. Population, 2012 estimate 12,875,255

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I call BS.
    Plenty of Demorats in East St. Louis, Champaign, Peoria, Joliet, Carbondale, Moline .

Chicago - population

2,707,120 (2011)

Cook county is over 5 million. In the last election Obama got just over 3 million votes. 1 1/2 million of those were in Cook county.

23 counties had Obama majorities. 78 had Romney majorities.

From Wikipedia
    Obama's victory in Illinois was due to an overwhelmingly strong vote total in Cook County, which includes Illinois' largest city, Chicago. Obama won Cook County by 74%, receiving 1,488,537 votes, compared to Romney who received only 24.6% of the votes in Cook County, or 495,542 votes.[2] The importance of the vote in Chicago and the rest of Cook County to Obama's victory in Illinois can be illustrated by a hypothetical scenario in which its votes are not included in the overall state total. If one were to subtract all of the votes in Cook County from Illinois' total votes cast, Romney would have actually won Illinois, having received 1,629,863 votes (50.62%) in the rest of the state, compared to Obama, who received 1,524,886 votes (47.36%). This, despite Obama's good performance in the suburban collar counties, which are considered swing counties.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Of course Obama got cook county. How many people in cook county are at the poverty level. I don't have the figures but I am sure it's high. The votes always lean toward the most open pockets.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I call BS.

Chicago - population

2,707,120 (2011)

The whole metropolitan area is something like 9.5M. I've driven through northern IL into WI, once you get outside the metro area, there isn't much.

Top Bottom