• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    I do not envy this judge. No matter how she rules, one side will scream that she is supporting the other side. The ruling sounds correct to me.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Didn't the Zimmerman defense team come up with some audio experts of their own to say that the girly screams were Zimmerman himself?

Absent this ruling, the judge would be setting the case up for dueling expert witnesses.

Yes...I read the defense had T's voice on a video recording he had done and wanted to show that voice did not match the screams of help on the cell phone, thus showing it was Z yelling for help, and not T.

IndyGunSafety

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I think they did the right thing by trying to suppress all of it rather than take a chance on whose evidence the jury would believe. I think this was smart on the part of the defense. Interesting jury.... All women. I wonder how many have kids, guns, carry, etc.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Best spiffy up your BOB and safety gear if you live anywhere near where you think that will happen… because it will be an acquittal.

Well, since this is an INDIANA board, I hope most of the craziness doesn't happen here. Probably Florida, but I suppose Indianapolis could have some fallout...

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I am surprised that judge actually ruled in the favor of the defense on something. So far it would seem she is trying to hang Zimmerman regardless of the facts.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    I'd guarantee if Zimmerman is found not guilty we'll see mass rioting.

I was on the near west side of chicago the day he was indicted, its an area I frequently travel through related to work. People were unusually beligerant that day, often walking through red lights in front of cars and then glaring at the drivers in defiance. I predict innocent or guilty there will be rioting.

Collin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Greenwood, IN
    This is going to end badly. It seems he has been overcharged and will likely be acquitted. 'Reasonable doubt' may play a role.

Some want division, so a failure to indict will serve this cause. That's my take on a terrible situation.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I was on the near west side of chicago the day he was indicted, its an area I frequently travel through related to work. People were unusually beligerant that day, often walking through red lights in front of cars and then glaring at the drivers in defiance. I predict innocent or guilty there will be rioting.

Well with the gun laws in florida I think if certain people decide to riot there will be lots less votes the liberals will be getting, There will be a savings to the taxpayers in terms are various public assistance and also many future crimes prevented. I am sure many decent people will be getting together to form neighborhood watches when they are ready for the rioting.

I don't think too much rioting will be with an acquittal, but there could be more like flash mob violence similar to some of the activities that occurred.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Didn't the Zimmerman defense team come up with some audio experts of their own to say that the girly screams were Zimmerman himself?

Absent this ruling, the judge would be setting the case up for dueling expert witnesses.

They already had their duel. The prosecution "experts" lost. Badly.

I am surprised that judge actually ruled in the favor of the defense on something. So far it would seem she is trying to hang Zimmerman regardless of the facts.

I've seen several arguments suggesting the judge is merely trying to prevent a mistrial - which presumably would reflect badly upon her ability to properly run a trial.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    They already had their duel. The prosecution "experts" lost. Badly.

Funny how the defense stated it was Zimmerman screaming on the audio, but since it was more believable that it was Martin, the defense shut it down. Obviously had these been allowed during the trial, both sides would have been able to present their case as to who they believed was screaming.

Can't fault the defense, but it is still one of those moments that kinda works against believing Zimmerman's account.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Funny how the defense stated it was Zimmerman screaming on the audio, but since it was more believable that it was Martin, the defense shut it down. Obviously had these been allowed during the trial, both sides would have been able to present their case as to who they believed was screaming.

Can't fault the defense, but it is still one of those moments that kinda works against believing Zimmerman's account.

I wonder how often a young fit guy giving an old fat guy a beat down yells for help while he does it.

For the sake of comparison I wonder how often an older not-fit guy getting a beat down from a young fit guy yells for help.

Either way I'm pretty sure poor innocent baby Twayvon shouldn't have gone back to assault evil old Mr. Zimmerman for the unforgivable offense of following him as he cased the neighborhood. After smoking a blunt. Carrying home the ingredients for "Drank". Bragging on the phone to his girlfriend that he was going to kick... (Don't worry, I wan't going to be on the jury in the first place, so I get to hear all the "evidence" and make a truly informed decision.)

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I wonder how often a young fit guy giving an old fat guy a beat down yells for help while he does it.

For the sake of comparison I wonder how often an older not-fit guy getting a beat down from a young fit guy yells for help.

Either way I'm pretty sure poor innocent baby Twayvon shouldn't have gone back to assault evil old Mr. Zimmerman for the unforgivable offense of following him as he cased the neighborhood. After smoking a blunt. Carrying home the ingredients for "Drank". Bragging on the phone to his girlfriend that he was going to kick... (Don't worry, I wan't going to be on the jury in the first place, so I get to hear all the "evidence" and make a truly informed decision.)

That's Zimmerman's testimony. And if true, I agree, but we have no idea who assaulted who first. And I'm not so sure that Martin had been smoking a "blunt" (as opposed to a pipe/bong/joint) that night. Did toxicology indicate that that he had high levels of THC? I thought I remembered it as being "trace," but I could be wrong.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    That's Zimmerman's testimony. And if true, I agree, but we have no idea who assaulted who first. And I'm not so sure that Martin had been smoking a "blunt" (as opposed to a pipe/bong/joint) that night. Did toxicology indicate that that he had high levels of THC? I thought I remembered it as being "trace," but I could be wrong.

Strictly circumstantial based upon the convenience store video showing Martin being denied a cigar followed right away by the Three Stooges buying cigars, then Martin leaving the parking lot five minutes or so after the Three Stooges left the store. Then there's the time it took him to get to the gated neighborhood.

Actually I see marijuana use as the major conflicting point in the whole affair. I've never in my life seen pot make anyone more violent. Doesn't mean it can't happen, I suppose, but most pot heads are hard pressed to get off the couch to turn down the music. Assuming of course that they'd want to turn it down in the first place. Now, fetch a bag of Cheetoz? Well, that would be different. Actually fight over the last Cheeto? Not so sure.

As far as Zimmerman's testimony, I'm going to hold firm with innocent until proven guilty.

Zimmerman's Bloody nose. Cuts to the back of the head. Grass clippings on his back. Interviewing Detective writing more than once that it was Zimmerman's voice yelling for help. Tracy Martin originally saying the voice wasn't his son's. Eye witness stating that Martin was on top beating on Zimmerman. Martin's fists showing possible bruising, abrasion, and/or a cut at autopsy. I really can't buy the argument that Zimmerman beat Martin's fists repeatedly with his face and knocked his own head against the ground doing it.

Martin appears to have had a substantial head start toward "home". The altercation took place by the street sign Zimmerman said he was trying to read. It appears Zimmerman didn't pursue, as the non-officer on the phone had instructed. It looks pretty clearly like Martin returned to confront Zimmerman based upon where they were when the police arrived.

Then there's all the stuff about Martin's home problems, Mother sending him to live with his father, being kicked out of school more than once, serious fighting/violence issues (completely ignoring the bums fighting).

I've also been influenced by Delfino Mora and the Pick 'Em Out Knock Em Out "game". Not actually directly related, but there's really no way Martin didn't know about the "game".

I believe Zimmerman was protecting himself from an active assault by a younger, more fit man.

And there's Florida. Remember the hanging chad incident? They fired the woman who took the heat, even though she was following Florida law to the letter. Now they have a "Stand Your Ground" law they're trying to twist into applying to Martin standing his ground by assaulting Zimmerman for stalking him. I don't know about you, but I want the neighborhood watch guy, even if not "on duty", to pay attention to a guy wandering around apparently looking in windows. The way I see it the government there simply can't be trusted. They're too happy to blow in the hot air generated by the media.

I really can't think of anything that would cause me to change my mind now, though I like to think I could if something compelling came along. Right now I'm convinced that Zimmerman should have never been charged.

The lawyer Tracy Martin hired doesn't really help my attitude. He seems to be best known for law suits intended to rake in cash for greedy, er, bereaved family members. That just feels wrong.

I gotta tell ya', if somebody knocks me down and starts whuppin' on me, no matter what their excuse, I'm going to do my best to insist they stop. I just hope I'm carrying my snub nosed .44 special at the time, because I'd hate to lose my Colt Combat Elite over a publicity driven court case. And yes, that may be influencing my opinion.

Of course, as always, your mileage may vary.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, anybody using drugs, I personally would view as irrational. So in that regard, I think it helps Zimmerman.
    And as a point of clarification, there was no bruising on Martin's fists, nor was any of Zimmernan's DNA on Martin's hands, knuckles, or fingers. The only thing found, was an 1/4 x 1/8 abrasion on the left ring finger.
    This strikes me as a huge hurdle for Zimmerman. Merely touching something, can leave a solid DNA marker. How, given how violent Zimmerman recalled Martin during the episode, did Martin avoid leaving ANY DNA on Zimmerman, or have Zimmerman's DNA on himself?

And I'm not exact sure there was a witness that saw Martin on top of Zimmerman. The is a witness that saw Zimmerman on top of Martin, after he had been shot, but I don't think anyone saw them during the actual "fight," and I could be wrong.

I'd really like someone to explain this DNA thing to me, because it appears to be quite damning. If Zimmerman was attack by Trayvon using his hands, a bloodied pretty thoroughly, I think it is logical that there would a fair amount of blood on his hands.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County

What makes you believe that it is more likely Trayvon screaming for help? You seem to be forgetting the physical evidence. First, that Zimmerman was beaten badly, which takes time, and second, that there is no evidence I have heard that Tray on had a single bruise on him. So in all likelihood, Zimmerman would have been screaming for help during the beating. Trayvon was not beaten nkr is there evidence he was trying to escape. Remember, the screaming occurred before the shooting. Why would Tray be screaming for help while be was beating this guy, who he could have just run away from? It isn't impossible, but it seems very unlikely to a person whose judgement isn't clouded by the media's lies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Top Bottom