Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    Boone County
    Quoted from a letter to the editor in the Lebanon Reporter June 22, 2013

Starbucks should ban guns
    To the editor
    As a member of Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, I am shocked and confused as to why Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz recently banned smoking within 25 feet of its stores, but continues to allow customers to carry loaded weapons inside.
    Unlike its competitors, including Peet`s Coffee & Tea, Starbucks allows customers to bring loaded guns inside stores where states allow open carry.
    I do not want to unknowingly expose my children to loaded weapons when I purchase coffee. There have been several shootings at Starbucks around the country recently, and I want to prevent this from happening in my community. I am asking Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz to institute corporate policies that promote gun sense, a common-sense approach to protecting our children and families from the growing epidemic of gun violence in America.

As a valued community citizen, Starbucks could play a role inj addressing this crisis by immediately banning loaded guns from its stores.
    Gun violence in not just a legislative issue: Companies and businesses can help create a culture that values gun safety.
    By instituting a policy banning guns in its stores, Starbucks would make a crucial statement about how much they value the safety of their customers.
    Moms and women oversee nearly 80 percent of household spending decisions: Moms Demand Action is helping them make sure they spend those dollars at businesses that respect and support the safety of their children and familes.
    As a mother of five children in Indiana, I will not rest until real gun reform takes place in America`s businesses and legislatures.

Shannon Watts
    Zionsville

This woman is just completely nuts. !

Rick

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    She actually thinks a sign will stop a determined bg. People that have a LTCH generally aren't there to rob SB so tell it to the bg.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    If she doesn't want to expose her children to loaded weapons she should a) frequent a different coffee shop, or b) move to a country that doesn't allow its citizens to carry loaded weapons.

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    You know, she just might be on to something. After all, gun free zones have proven to be impenetrable to gun carrying elements intent on doing harm to their fellow man. If only Sandy Hook etal would have seen the wisdom in this kind of policy prior to that tragedy...

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Where have all of these Starbucks shootings occurred? I admit that I don't/can't read every news paper and watch every news story from every city in the Nation, but I would think, given the media's proclivity for reporting on every shooting nationally, we would have seen a BSnbc special invetigative report on the rash of coffee house killings......

To Watts's ingnorance, Starbucks has made it clear, Nationally, that its policy is to follow the laws of the State where it's stores are located. Ergo, the 25 ft buffer zone for smokers, which recently became Indiana Law.
    She can move to NY or NJ if she wants to sit in her high horse and sip her frappalappaccinolatelabia with cinnimon sprinkles IMO.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    Can anyone cite statistics regarding the number of unjustified shootings by licensed gun owners? My guess is that the number is very small, and it would be useful to have this information available, but I've never been able to find it.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    She's a paid political hack, nothing more. She used to be the PR person for the Democratic Governor of Missouri and now has her own PR firm.

Sfrandolph

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Boone county
    The coffee is way too strong at Starbucks, so Ms. Watts needs to keep her children away from Starbucks. Otherwise their growth will be stunted and she will be surrounded by little people for the rest of her life. Oh, that's right, she thinks she is Snow White already.

mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    I have a solution

1. Starbucks can keep the policy of allowing legally owned guns to be openly carried in their stores.
    2. To appease this woman and her group, Starbucks can put up a sign that says you are not allowed to kill people in this store or within 25 feet of this store.

There.... everyone is happy.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    "As a valued community citizen, Starbucks could play a role inj addressing this crisis by immediately banning loaded guns from its stores." Excellent idea! Upon entering Starbucks, please allow the friendly hipster barista to examine your firearm and ensure it's unloaded!

Top Bottom